Tool Room / IMRL Manager - Pax River- H-3, H-60, H-92 Helicopters
NAS Patuxent River, MD.
PKL Services will be providing contractor organizational level, limited intermediate, and limited depot level aircraft maintenance support and services on the Presidential fleet at NAS Patuxent River Md. Current maintenance personnel support two (2) Test and Evaluation (T&E) aircraft, an NVH-3A and an NSH-60F, both heavily modified and unique. This maintenance support will eventually transition to supporting two T&E VH-92A assets.
The support provided will include maintaining “Pipeline” National Asset inventory in a flight-ready status. “Pipeline” aircraft configuration will be predetermined by HMX-1 mission requirements. Additionally, the aircraft maintenance support provided will include performing alterations/modifications as directed by higher authority and Periodic Maintenance Inspections (PMI) under the Intermediate Maintenance Concept (IMC) for VH-92A aircraft.
*** Please note:
This position is contingent on contract award to PKL Services. DOD Contract award notification to contractor industry will be no sooner than October 2019 with the contract winner to start executing work on 1 Nov 2019. Period of Performance will be 5 years. ***
Tool Room/IRML Manager
Perform technical supply management to include the storage, requisition, receipt, issue and cataloging of inventory items tools and IMRL necessary to support maintenance any aircraft assigned and emerging maintenance requirements including Phase Kit items. Inventory managed shall include common and specialized tools, machine tools, dies, replacement parts, consumables, shop supplies and equipment, such as measuring devices. Working knowledge of supply and METCAL/Support Equipment Resource Management Information System reporting procedures.
Maintain records of tools issued and returned by workers and shall maintain records of and ensure calibration is accomplished on all required items (METCAL). Receives, stores, and issues hand-tools, machine tools, dies, replacement parts, shop supplies and equipment, such as measuring devices, in industrial establishment. Keeps records of tools issued to and returned by workers. Searches for lost or misplaced tools. Prepares periodic inventory or keeps perpetual inventory and requisitions stock as needed. Unpacks and stores new equipment.
Visually inspects tools or measures with micrometer for wear or defects and reports damaged or worn-out equipment to superiors. May coat tools with grease or other preservative, using brush or spray gun. May attach identification tags or engrave identifying information on tools and equipment, using electric marking tool.
1. A minimum of six (6) years actual experience performing aforementioned skills.
2. Shall have experience supporting Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Integrated Test Teams (ITT).
3. Rotary Wing Aircraft experience on S-92, H-3 and H-60. Preferred, H-3A/D and/or H-60 B/F/N series experience desired.
1. Must be a U.S. citizen.
2. High School Education or equivalent. Graduate of the IRML Asset Manager Course C-55S-2020 or Support Equipment Asset Managers Course D-555-0026.
3. Detailed working knowledge of all Navy sponsored aviation maintenance programs and processes including the Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS) and the Naval Aviation Logistics Data Analysis (NALDA) system.
4. Functional knowledge of industrial operations and processes inherent to I-Level and O-Level maintenance pertaining to aircraft maintenance, ground support equipment maintenance and corrosion control of aircraft.
5. Experienced in managing, supervising, planning, scheduling, controlling projects, managing funds and managing an industrial workforce.
6. Experience in a Maintenance/Material Control & Quality Assurance environment.
7. Shall possess an understanding or become familiar with NALCOMIS OOMA automated maintenance documentation system.
1. Top Secret (TS) U.S. Security Clearance. Certain Key Personnel are required to obtain a Yankee Whiskey (YW) U.S. Security Clearance.
2. Individuals released from Military Service with other than “Honorable Discharge” do not meet minimum qualifications.
3. Personnel required to have a bachelor’s degree must have obtained their degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following relevant technical disciplines: engineering, business, logistics, management, math, sciences, and professional aeronautics.
This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching, and climbing. Work may be performed on top of or under equipment, and in cramped or awkward positions. Employees may frequently lift and carry items in excess of fifty (50) pounds.
Work Environment (ADA):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PKL Services is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, to include EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply. PKL is committed to America's veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law Poster:
858-679-1755 ext. 215