We hold ourselves and the careers we build to a higher standard.
At Houston Methodist, nurses develop their skills through a wide range of educational programs, collaborate with physicians to provide the best care and build upon a world-class reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research. We hold ourselves - and the careers we build - to a higher standard. Our growing, inclusive health care system offers:
- Superior practice settings
- High safety standards
- Professional development & nursing education
- Meaningful collaboration with physicians
- Unparalleled support
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited School of Nursing
- Twelve months registered nurse experience in a healthcare environment
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Other credentials and certifications as defined by unit/service line
I CARE VALUES
We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
We embrace the whole person and respond to emotional, ethical and spiritual concerns as well as physical needs.
We hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Fast Facts | Houston Methodist West Hospital
- 237 operating beds
- 22 operating rooms
- 1,220 affiliated physicians
- 1,911 employees
- 14,406 inpatients
- 170,289 outpatients
- 51,164 emergency room visits
Hear From Our Chief Nursing Officer, Vicki Brownewell:
Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer
Houston Methodist West Hospital
"Our nurses enjoy a positive culture which fosters delivering the highest levels of compassionate patient care. Houston Methodist West Hospital nurses fully participate in growing the hospital and adding new sophisticated services, while continuing in their own professional growth. Come join us for the best experience of your career."
Houston Methodist West Hospital is committed to leading medicine in West Houston, Katy and surrounding communities by delivering the Houston Methodist standard of exceptional safety, quality, personalized service and innovation. The growing campus offers more than 200 beds, 22 operating rooms and more than 1,900 employees. Originally opened in 2010, the campus is expanding as part of the master plan, adding additional inpatient beds and a third medical office building to the campus by late 2023.
Awards and Distinctions
- Magnet(R) Recognition - American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Five Star Award - Texas Department of State Health Services
- Guardian of Excellence Award(R) - Press Ganey