InfluxData is committed to creating products and offerings that delight developers, reduce the time to awesome, and provide value to customers. With our industry-leading time series platform, InfluxDB, we help our customers, including IBM, Hulu, Wayfair, MuleSoft, Robinhood, Siemens and NFL Networks — and hundreds of thousands of open source developers — get more value from their data, faster.
We are looking for a technical, dynamic, creative and scrappy Director of Demand Generation to join the team at our headquarters in San Francisco. The individual will be a key driver for InfluxData's future growth, with the responsibility to ensure that the demand generation team creates and executes innovative multi-touch campaigns that capture the interest of our buyers and builds pipeline for our sales team. We need a talented metrics-oriented leader with proven success in building demand generation teams for the technical developer audience.
Reporting to the CMO, the Director of Demand Generation will work closely with the sales development team (that also reports into marketing) reviewing strategy, techniques and messaging. The Director will work closely with sales understanding pipeline impact and jointly own pipeline generation numbers.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage, nurture and grow the demand generation team (which currently has 2 people)
- Own the strategy, execution and metrics of the demand generation funnel — inquiries, MQLs, SALs, opportunities and pipeline
- Define budget and manage spend based on a metrics-first approach; be bold to try new ideas and humble to change based on results
- Work with sales development (SDR) team in setting up messaging, results tracking and overall multi-step campaign execution
- Manage and maintain the marketing automation stack (Marketo, Outreach, Drift, …)
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Strong background in demand generation to technical/developer audiences ideally with open source and SaaS based motions
- Deep hands-on understanding of the marketing automation stack (Marketo, Outreach, SFDC, …)
- A reputation as a team player with senior sales executives overachieving in delivering pipeline numbers
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and hire high performing teams
- You are energetic, scrappy, and no task is beneath you. This is both a strategic role and a "doing" role on a very collaborative marketing team.
- Experience in working with 3rd party vendors in demand gen activities like content syndication, webinars and the like
- Possess eight or more years of B2B digital/inbound marketing including web and content marketing
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to convey ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences including executive management
If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
InfluxData ( https://www.influxdata.com/ )is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We're a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page ( https://www.influxdata.com/careers/ ) to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.