The Account Executive is responsible for driving new business revenue through the sale of LexisNexis products, services and content within assigned accounts or territory.
1. Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales goals
2. Develop detailed strategic sales plans to demonstrate how to grow business within assigned accounts or territory
3. Identifies and qualifies opportunities, develops a pipeline of viable opportunities and effectively manages the pipeline with the account team, including timely follow up of all leads and advancing leads through selling process to close
4. Provides accurate forecasts, customer, competitive and market intelligence to management and business leadership and to the account team
5. Understand and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of LexisNexis products, content and solutions including the ability to articulate competitive differentiators and our value proposition
6. Ability to identify and communicate effectively with executives or other high level officials within a customer's organization
7. Collaborate with other LexisNexis sales team members to secure new business; provide input in conjunction with account team on development of Marketing plans and programs to maximize goals.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
2. At least 3 years proven experience generating new business sales, preferably in a business to business environment
3. Self-driven, motivated and results oriented with new business sales (or hunter) mentality
4. Strong new business prospecting, selling, negotiating and closing skills
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to an executive-level audience
6. Ability to effectively partner and collaborate across teams
7. Strong understanding and use of Strategic Selling techniques and CRM systems
8. Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
9. Ability to lift/carry laptop or IPad and other sales materials up to 25 lbs.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.