iMentor is seeking a strategic, equity-focused leader to serve as its next Managing Director of Talent (MDT). The MDT will oversee full-cycle recruitment across the organization for national and regional roles. Reporting to the Chief Talent & Equity Officer, this individual will manage and execute the recruitment strategy for the organization, helping to create and sustain an equitable recruitment and onboarding process. They will work with organizational leadership to set the vision and implementation for staffing strategy, proactive sourcing and building a diverse candidate pipeline. The MDT will also support the CTEO on coaching, performance management, and professional development. Alongside the CTEO, the MDT will serve as an advisor to staff across the organization and will provide insight and guidance on key strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced people manager, recruitment strategist, and will bring exceptional professional judgment and cross-cultural competence to the team.
- Oversee all recruiting and hiring to meet iMentor’s human capital needs, ensuring iMentor implements effective recruiting strategies to develop a pipeline of diverse and high caliber talent across the organization
- Refine and implement diversity, equity and inclusion strategy for recruitment
- Collaborate with executive leadership and regional leadership teams to refine year-to-year staffing strategies, budgeting, and growth projections
- Build marketing and engagement strategies to drive proactive candidate sourcing and touchpoints
- Manage restructure of recruitment systems and technology to improve organization-wide search processes
- Organize and lead key annual in-person recruitment events and national partnership opportunities
- Oversee special initiatives including internal referral programming and Talent Ambassadors program
- Manage a full-time Talent Recruitment Manager and Talent Coordinator toward annual recruitment goals
- Partner with HR and National Operations team to set standards for new staff onboarding and hold managers accountable for onboarding their teams
Talent Operations & Organizational Leadership
- Collaborate with Chief Talent & Equity Officer to create, and refine and implement comprehensive talent strategy to enhance human capital management
- Implement overall talent strategy and manage day-to-day team operations, and talent programming
- Work with internal communications, National Operations, and Executive office to communicate talent policies and procedures across the organization
- Manage two full-time Talent Managers and Director of Talent
- Participate on iMentor’s National Leadership Team as a talent expert in the organization
- Serve as a key strategic advisor, content expert, thought partner, and coach regarding key management and people issues to staff across the organization
- Develop and implement succession planning to identify and develop high potential staff for future roles within the organization
- At least 8+ years of successful recruiting, project management, and team management experience, preference for candidates with experience in the youth development and education sector
- Track record of success in high growth, fast paced, and quickly changing environments
- Natural ambassador and relationship builder with demonstrated success recruiting from their networks and others’ networks
- Skilled in both designing high-level strategy and effectively implementing tactics
- Able to develop a vision and inspire and influence others to achieve shared goals
- Excellent communication and listening skills, including the ability to communicate with professionalism and empathy, using the most appropriate technique and message
- Experience working on building organizational culture, including diversity/inclusion initiatives
- Resourceful, results-oriented, team player with a customer service orientation, positive “can do” attitude and a sense of humor
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback, professional growth, learning, and improvement
- Demonstrated alignment with iMentor's mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education, beliefs, and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity across the iMentor community.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Our organization works in partnership with district public schools across the country. In doing so we must meet all compliance requirements of those districts.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays, and most iMentor functions closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 401K match up to 4%
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth