Would you like to join Fortune 7 CVS Health leading our dynamic Advice & Counsel team? As an Employee Relations Director - West, you will provide expert, dedicated, high quality, and professional Advice & Counsel (A&C) service to all Managers and Employees in enterprise.
You have responsibility for the execution and ownership of A&C processes and practices, providing guidance, and working to deliver and ensure appropriate responses to any related Employment issues that arise. You will take lead on specific complex or sensitive cases, and formal processes for manager or above levels.
You provide enterprise oversight on current investigation to Business, Human Resource, appropriate Leadership Teams, and A&C Team. You identify trends and recommends appropriate solutions. You are responsible for ensuring legislative and CVS Policy Compliance in the execution of business activity and CVS culture, and in partnership with HR compliance, ensuring that applicable CVS policies are up to date, compliant, maintained and appropriate for the achievement of business needs.
You will be responsible for providing direct reports with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employee to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for their accomplishments.
You will handle escalated cases for A&C’s western and central region of the enterprise. You will offer feedback to Investigators on handling of cases as well as train new Investigators and make/balance work assignments.
This position will be located in Scottsdale, AZ.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will manage strategic oversight of investigations of complaints which if true, would represent a violation of a workplace rule, policy or law.
- You will investigate workplace complaints involving alleged violations for which failure to investigate might subject CVS to legal or financial risk and typically, implicate colleagues up to and including Officers.
- You handle Labor Union Investigations ensuring framework and processes around business engagement are established and followed appropriately.
- You will supports Labor Relations in the design of collective bargaining agreements.
- You coordinate between Loss Prevention, Compliance, Diversity & Inclusion and Labor Relations for A&C work processes.
- You have oversight for high level investigations wherein direction from legal may be required.
- You will lead a team of 10+ Investigators who support Advice & Counsel’s western and central region.
- You conduct performance review appraisals for direct reports; considers feedback from A&C leadership, internal and external customers and colleagues.
- You performs weekly touch bases with direct reports to provide ongoing guidance, development and feedback.
- You provides workforce management scheduling and caseload balancing requirements and recommendations to ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met and/or exceeded.
- You create integrated tracking tools for staffing shrinkage patterns (vacation, sick, training, etc.) to optimize staffing forecasts.
- You forecast holiday staffing needs and ensures adequate coverage to meet/maintain SLAs during holiday seasons.
- 8+ years of Employee Relations or Human Resources experience.
- 5+ years of management experience including coaching, developing and training of a team.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, as needed, per business needs.
- You have a PHR or SPHR certification.
- You are an attorney with an employment law focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of related professional work experience in combination with years of education.
- Master's Degree preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.