Position Summary: The Director of Human Resources brings leadership to a growing HR team of currently 7-8 employees. This position is designed to oversee the department operations and the create policies, programs and operating procedures to strategically and tactically achieve company objectives and conduct business more efficiently while ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies. The position will ensure alignment between the customer service division, the HR team, and company practices and policies as well as drive organizational development. This company leader is positive, execution-oriented, and business results focused.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, files and reports, including responsibility for maintaining personnel records & follows guidance and procedures including compliance with federal, state, local laws & regulations to include I-9 records, drug and alcohol screening and background investigations results, etc.
- Labor Relations- manages grievances, Board of Adjustment (as needed), reads & interrupts CBA
- Manages full cycle leave of absences (FMLA, CFRA, ADA AA, etc) including written responses and follow up on timely manner and within federal, state, local regulations to ensure compliance
- Manages Data entry into HRIS, and ATS systems
- Manages & administrates full cycle terminations, and hiring’s
- Manages & administrates worker’s compensation including interactive process, modified duties, PNS’, injury reporting, etc.
- Compliance- advice & implements/updates policies to remain in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, statutes affecting work force under the guidance of director of human resources
- Metrics- ability to research, compiles, analyze, and create charts & data to demonstrate effectiveness of initiative. Ability interprets complex information and develops solutions to complex issues.
- Assist Service by Medallion leaders in planning and directing activities as it relates to human resources
- Employee Relations-responds to employee inquiries, investigations, interpreting and clarify policies & procedures, and recommends any disciplinary action to keep the organization in compliance and ensure fair and consistent application of established policies through out. Assists with responses to EDD, EEOC, etc.
- Training & Development- assists with application or creation of training programs to reduce risk & employee relations issue
- Talent Acquisition- assists in full cycle recruitment: sourcing, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding including developing job descriptions, job advertisements, maintaining social media sites utilized, company and external sites used to recruit talent
- Ability to work in a fast pace, multi tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Organize and work independently on multiple assigned tasks/projects and complete assignments within specified deadlines.
- Relationship Building-demonstrate skills in consensus-building and mediation in order to constructively address employee conflicts.
- Leadership-demonstrate skills critical for managerial success including leadership, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and highly developed personal, analytical and communication skills.
- Attendance and Punctuality essential function of the position as it requires face to face interaction.
- Can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments
- Supervisory Responsibility This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department and organization.
- Ability to sit, kneel, for extended periods of time, and ability to lift over 25lbs
- Other duties as directed
- Valid CA Drivers license and Clean MVR.
- High school diploma/GED required OR equivalent work experience in lieu of
- A bachelor’s degree and/or three to five years’ human resource experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace work environment
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) highly preferred
- Be able to work in a team oriented environment, maintain a positive attitude at all times, and be able to assist the team/department to complete goals.
- Use logic & reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with client, supervisor and coworkers
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service oriented
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English with at least 95% comprehension
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources Management: 8 years