At 3Degrees, our business is our mission. Our goal is not only to be the best in the world, but to be the best for the world. We make it possible for businesses and their customers to take urgent action on climate change. And we can't do it without you. Join us.
You are someone who loves to analyze, research, and offer creative solutions. You ask lots of questions, take a proactive approach to help the team, and you have a knack for clearly presenting information. You are curious and look at all sides of a problem/challenge and make informed recommendations. You pride yourself in your attention to detail. Your organizational skills help you create and execute work plans that are efficient while delivering a high level of service for our clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Project Manager is a vital contributor to our Energy & Climate Practice team, the consulting team at 3Degrees. The position plays a critical role in supporting client engagements through the management of projects and the direct execution of client work. The Project Manager works under the direction and with the support of senior-level Engagement Managers.
3Degrees’ consulting projects focus on envisioning and implementing renewable energy and climate solutions for large organizations. Our work focuses on reducing emissions of energy supplies - both electricity and thermal - and enabling growing organizations to adopt these solutions within robust sustainability programs. Our Project Managers bring domain expertise within this arena, and perform the following work:
WHAT WE SEEK FROM YOU
- Directly support projects with senior associates and conduct research and analysis independently. Draw insights to provide recommended courses of action.
- Support partner relationships.
- Support client relationships, new client business development and/or strategic pursuits.
- Deliver client work including presentations, financial modeling, writing and preparing memos, presentations and additional client requests.
- Conduct complex analyses using examples which may require modification to suit a new purpose, and sample inputs. Examples include comprehensive greenhouse gas footprints, project proformas with scenarios and sensitivity analyses, energy market backcasts and projections.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Must have power markets experience.
- At least 4- 6 years of direct work experience in energy and/or sustainability across multiple domains (e.g. countries, ISOs, RE100, GHGProtocol, etc.).
- Intellectual curiosity and awareness to identify and anticipate key inputs needed from engagement manager and/or clients to get the task done well, paired with strategic, conceptual, analytical thinking and decision making skills.
- Prior experience supporting client relationships and those clients’ relationships with stakeholders such as company decision-makers, vendors, technical agencies, and the public.
- Experience in the corporate energy supply field, which may include power purchase agreements, corporate sustainability advocacy and positioning, rulesets governing environmental disclosure, and retail electricity procurement.
- Ability to take direction from engagement manager regarding key client requirements and oversee the work of colleagues on smaller projects or focused tasks.
- Microsoft Excel mastery and ability to establish spreadsheet design principles for client deliverables; envision tools needed for clients at a level of detail which can be implemented by others.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience making presentations to external clients and internal stakeholders.
- Versatility and ability to be agile in an ambiguous environment.
- Bachelors in a relevant area of study; we often find that science, engineering, and economic degree-holders enjoy our work. Many of our staff hold Masters degrees.
When you work for us, there's plenty in it for you:
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND EQUITY
- Company equity, medical, dental and vision benefits, flexPTO, 401(k) with company matching program, health & wellness reimbursement program, cell phone reimbursement and mass transit expense reimbursement program.
- A mission-driven B Corp that is committed to a triple bottom line ethic and fostering work-life balance and professional development for its staff.
3Degrees is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse and inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We are proud to welcome people of all race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.