The Banking Center Manager (BCM) is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic who is responsible for managing the banking center’s growth and daily operations. The BCM will execute the organization's strategic objectives and create local tactics focused on maximizing the banking center’s productivity and employee development. The BCM develops and manages monthly action plans to enhance the sales of all bank products and services. The BCM leads by example, coaches, motivates and develops their team to achieve their full potential.
The duties listed below may not include all responsibilities that the person in this role may be asked to perform. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties, as assigned, including cross training across other departments, as necessary. In addition, incumbent may be required to rotate between banking centers, as needed.
Provides a welcoming environment and communicates in an effective professional and confidently manner with the team during daily huddles, coaching sessions, monthly meetings, and presentations
- Displays a passion for serving others and consistently coaches the team to provide exceptional quality service
- Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve and or identify financial solutions for new and existing customers
- Manages the banking center lobby activities, teller operations, including but not limited to audit, compliance, risk, sales, service, opening/closing and facility upkeep
- Manages the hiring, coaching/counseling, and consistently evaluates the individual team members to understand their opportunities and strengths and help them achieve their career plans
- Manages the banking center portfolio and identifies ways to deepen the client relationship through cross-selling efforts to promote loyalty and retention effectively utilizing reports to identify sales opportunities and develops strategies to close the performance gaps
- Provides a complete range of customer service including opening all types of deposit new accounts, consumer, small business loans (if applicable / if authorized), credit cards and cross- selling of other bank products/services such as self-service banking solutions (ATM, Mobile Banking, etc.)
- Ensures targets for loan and deposit growth, past dues, delinquency ratios and charge-offs are attained
- Actively contributes to help meet the banking center’s goals, as well as individual sales and referral goals by cross-selling and referring customers to bank business partners when more complex financial needs are recognized such as Commercial Lending, Mortgage, Insurance, Investments, Merchant Services, Wealth Management or Treasury Management
- Stays actively involved in the community to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Efficiently manages time and capacity to execute all responsibilities while meeting critical deadlines
- Participates in job specific training and other various Bank training programs, as necessary
- Maintains current knowledge of internal risk controls and loss prevention, including reporting of suspicious or unusual customer activity per Bank policy, and ensures adherence by the respective department personnel
- Maintains current knowledge and complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and all established Bank policies and procedures, including internal audit controls related to department operations, and ensures adherence by the respective department personnel
- Maintains current knowledge of all rules, regulations, and laws as they apply to BSA/OFAC/USA Patriot Act/CIP/AML, and ensures adherence by the respective department personnel
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, preferred
- An equivalent amount of experience in sales, marketing or operations may substitute the degree preference
- Cash handling experience
- Teller experience, preferred
- (5) year of Banking experience or (3) years at Lone Star National Bank
- Prior management experience
- Equivalent leadership role experience may be substituted for management requirement
- Ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms
- Proficient in using personal computers, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Thorough understanding of corporate account documentation and consumer loan documentation, including proficiency with BSA and CIP
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Must be able to work flexible hours as scheduled Monday through Friday, and Saturday rotation (hours will fluctuate as business needs dictate)
- Ability to travel within the community to seek new business opportunities
- This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager
- This position oversees all of the assigned banking center’s staff
All employees are required to attend scheduled mandatory training and complete online regulatory compliance training courses applicable to their specific job function. In all situations, employees must ensure that their actions fully comply with all federal banking laws and regulations, including internal bank policies and procedures. Failure to adhere to these requirements will be grounds for disciplinary action, including probation and possible termination.
Lone Star National Bank’s Mission Statement includes a commitment to helping our communities grow by serving them with pride and integrity. All employees are encouraged to volunteer for bank sponsored activities, civic, charitable and community events and to be active in the communities we serve.
Punctuality and regular attendance should be regarded as essential functions of any position at Lone Star National Bank.
Among other things, "good attendance habits" mean the following:
- Be at your workstation ready for work by the start of each workday
- Remain at your workstation, unless the needs of the job require being elsewhere, except during authorized breaks (including restroom breaks)
- Take only the time normally allowed for breaks
- Call in and notify your supervisor or another member of management if you are going to be either absent or tardy
- Alternate work arrangements such as telecommuting or working from home are not permitted by Lone Star National Bank
LSNB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status as protected by applicable laws.
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.
Job Type: Full-time