Are you a creative, customer-centric developer that wants an opportunity to have a real impact on a growing B2B product? Do you want to get your foot in the door and accelerate your career as a software developer? Are you looking to break out of your current lane and broaden the impact your development process can have on a business? Do you want to work in an environment that fosters and looks to align your passions with the overall team goals? Do you want to work in an entrepreneurial environment that is flexible and focused on results? Do you want to be a part of a team that loves what theyre building and is delivering awesome software that customers love to use? If so, we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
Crelate, a fast-growing Kirkland-based startup with over 1,000 customers, is seeking a junior software developer to join our growing team. You will be an important part of our product and migration teams. This role is a chance for your creativity and ability to have a real impact on a business and its customers. You will learn a lot and will most likely be shipping production code within a month!
Crelates mission is to help more people, connect with better opportunities, more often. To do this, we are building the fastest, easiest, and most flexible recruiting and talent engagement software on the market, and we need your help to get the word out!
Responsibilities of this development position include:
Requirements for this position:
- Work with our migration team to ensure a smooth transition when migrating data between systems.
- Designing new features and tools, including gathering requirements and documenting the design.
- Coding new application capabilities using .NET, C#, Elastic and SQL.
- Working with customers when issues require escalation to the development team.
- Participate in the daily standup, driving your projects to done, and collaboratively working in a team environment.
- Learning new technologies to keep your skills current.
- Grow and scale your abilities as the company grows
- Data-driven. You use data to guide decisions and optimize results.
- Passion for a product. You love being part of a product; you find ways to use our product every day, you will support customers use of our product. With this inspire you to build great features.
- Customer Centricity. You are passionate about customers as people. Youll build a deep understanding of their needs by speaking with and supporting them. With this, you will create better features that help our customers succeed and our company to achieve its mission.
- Unwavering Curiosity. You love to learn, better yourself and the people and things around you. You prefer direct feedback and use it to better yourself and others. Not knowing something and growing motivates you to new heights.
- Organized and an eye for detail. You have excellent organizational skills and pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Communication. You have excellent presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Frugal. You care about our companys resources like they were your own. You know that perfect is the enemy of done.
- You get it done. In the face of uncertainty, and multiple competing priorities you have a bias for action. Through collaboration and creative solutions, you deliver success.
We can offer you:
- 2+ years of experience in backend software development.
- Experience building .NET / C# based applications.
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in data modeling, data integration, and SQL.
- Familiarity with working clients to gather and understand needs.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or comparable portfolio site demonstrating ability is a plus.
- Extremely flexible work hours, were focused on results
- Plenty of opportunities to learn and wear lots of hats
- Startup life flexible, relaxed, yet high stakes work environment
- Awesome coworkers who care about their work and each other
- Competitive benefits including:
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k with matching
- Long and short-term disability insurance
- A generous paid leave policy, which includes up to 14 days of office holidays (including a company-wide winter break)
- And for team members who excel, stock option grants.
Were entrepreneurial, passionate and relentless about customer success. Everyone on the team talks and works directly with customers. Period. We share a collective passion for success, but not at any cost. We are striving to build an amazing product and a great business. This is no trivial task, and we lean on each other as we iterate our way to success. We value transparency, passion, effort, results, and growth.
We very much look forward to hearing from you, seeing your portfolio and reading over your cover letter that explains how you are a perfect fit for our company and this opportunity.