Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2017 Computerworld Magazine.
Responsible for the development, testing, and enterprise management of the iOS mobile clinical devices. Other responsibilities development, testing and maintenance of the kiosk and administrative OS images, software packaging. Include the design, maintenance, and operation of servers that support of configuration manager, iOS MDM, remote management tools, software delivery and enterprise scale OS servicing (both operating system and application software), the development of standards for workstations (hardware, operating system, and core applications), and development of deployment and troubleshooting standards.
1. Creates and tests iOS configurations for mobile clinical devices and prepares them for distribution
2. Provide third level support for helpdesk, tier 1, and tier 2 primarily for mobility and clinical kiosks
3. Prepares and tests software packages for remote distribution for iOS clinical devices, kiosks and administrative systems
4. Administers and monitors remote software delivery processes, and assists EIS deployment staff as needed
5. Administers desktop administration tools for enterprise desktop management such as MDM’s (Airwatch, JAMF Pro) and SCCM
6. Assesses and design configurations for computers and peripheral configuration for integration into health system applications
7. Creates system documentation and procedures for operating system configuration, client application installation, remote deployment, imaging, peripheral setup, etc.
8. Responsible for monitoring and/or mentoring the work of phone support, tier 1 and tier 2, when needed
9. Functions as a technical resource to other EIS staff as well as other departmental application and system managers.
10. Provides after-hours support via the Help Desk as part of an on-call rotation.
11. Familiar with, complies with, and implements enterprise policies for security and confidentiality.
12. May participate in multidisciplinary requirements definition and vendor selection teams.
Educational requirements and/or preferences:
- Participates in team on-call support during off-business hours.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
- Requires Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP). or ACIC Certification; equivalent combination of certification and work experience is acceptable.
- Other certifications [Epic, A+, Altiris, Microsoft Certified Technician Specialist (MCTS), Apple Certified System Administration (ACSA), etc.] highly desired.
- Requires the ability to establish relationships with the business units and provide solutions to improve productivity and efficiency with technology
- Requires ability Enterprise level device management of 18k + total devices
- Requires ability to be strategic in planning of IT initiatives such as large-scale delivery of software and settings
- Requires knowledge and foundational competency in cloud-based services such as Office 365, WaaS, Azure.
- Four (4) years’ experience with iOS, desktop computers and Windows/Apple operating systems.
- Three (3) years’ experience with the following: Remote software distribution (including package creation and deployment), push technology for software patches, remote control, and remote administration of workstations.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software to include: assembly and testing of workstations and peripherals, installation and configuration of backup software, antivirus software, network operating systems, file servers, print servers, web servers, browsers, database servers, and client software.
- Familiarity with network environment to include: Name resolution, routers, switches, bridges, firewalls, VPN concentrators, and network protocols (TCP/IP)
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of healthcare and the priorities of patient care providers.
- Competent with mainstream automation, project management, project leadership, presentation, and communications tools.
- Must be self-motivated, creative, highly organized, with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, functions well as a team player, remains calm and cheerful under stressful conditions, and is comfortable working with diverse skill sets and personalities.
- Above average oral, written, and presentation skills.