The Corporate Events Specialistwill work closely with the Senior Corporate Events Manager and the Director ofEvents to execute events for Audible. These events may include but are notlimited to employee-facing internal events, seminars, conferences, globalinitiatives, and recruiting events. The Corporate Events Specialist will supportthe Facilities/Real Estate teams in strengthening best practices and logisticsto ensure successful execution of events and other assigned projects.
The Corporate EventsSpecialist:
- Assists in the execution of internal Audibleevents including leadership events, culture events, recruiting events,recognition events and employee engagement events
- Works with cross-functional teams and SeniorCorporate Events Manager to ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables,and tactics are achieved before during, and after each respective event
- Develops detailed event project plans, workflows and timelines for each event
- Develops and manages administrative tasks insupport of various events including scheduling, pre-event supply sourcing,and other duties as assigned
- Liaise with HR, PR/Communications, Social Media,IT, A/V, Creative and Marketing teams to ensure consistency of messaging, andamplification of core event elements occurs
- Anticipates and ensures compliance with legal.Coordinates with internal and external partners to identify and addressconcerns.
- Assists in managing all off and on-sitelogistics for event site preparation, execution and breakdownincluding the shipping of event supplies, product and collateral to andfrom event locations
- Interacts closely with outside partners(vendors, conference producers, etc.) including management of third-partymeeting schedules and site visits
- Responsible for managing the details ofconference room blocks guarantee/attrition and food and beverage minimums
- Schedules necessary project team meetings or submeetings, develops and distributes the meeting agenda, facilitates the meetingand reports out on actionable items
- Creates post-event recaps and proposeopportunities for change and improvement to stakeholders
- Assists in the development and management of theAudible internal and employee Swag stores
- Other tasks as assigned by the Sr. Manager,Corporate Events and the Director of Events
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in corporateevent planning or in a similar function is required.
- Experience within a start-up, media orentertainment environment is preferred.
- Prior experience organizing and managingmultiple small and large scale events
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office (word, excel,power point) and event software is required
- Demonstrate initiative, strong work ethic, &ownership of work
- Ability to multi-task, take direction, and workindependently
- Creative problem solver, team player andresourceful
- Must be available to work some weekends andevening
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $31.73 to $45.61 /hour
- corporate event planning: 3 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: