Office Manager is responsible for guiding and managing assigned branch office(s) in providing quality service to members in account transactions, loan applications and closings, new account openings and on boarding by working through their Assistant Manager. Maintain and expand relationships with Preferred Partners (Select Employee Group’s) assigned to their office and explore local opportunities for expanding field of membership. Resolve problems within established policies and guidelines.
Actively pursue local opportunities to expand U$X FCU field of membership and to deepen Preferred Partner relationships. Grow your assigned branch(es)
Working through their Assistant Manager
- Maintain a highly motivated, well trained staff, maintaining effective employee relations..
- Clearly communicate branch objectives and strategy to staff. Demonstrate leadership in coaching, mentoring, delegation and accountability for all staff under your supervision.
- Create and maintain a cross-selling environment within the branch. Train each employee to recognize opportunities and maximize opportunities to educate members and sell products.
- Monitor branch activity including transaction volume, transaction errors, loan volume, new accounts, cross sales, U$X Financial Group activity, and business development.
- Manage the security and safety of the branch. Analyze and monitor security and safety practices and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor key products and sales to ensure profitable and sound business practices and quality service to members
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff receives ongoing training on security and robbery practices.
- Ensure staff engage in drills and training for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Schedule adequate staff to provide for a smooth and efficient branch operation.
- Monitor branch operations to ensure a consistent, professional approach
Working with their Assistant Manager
- Interview and select quality applicants for vacancies, ensuring the credit union is adequately staffed with competent quality employees.
- Recommend and implement and supervise the branch budget
- Apply and evaluate policies and procedures for the branch. Ensure that the branch is in compliance with federal laws and regulations set forth by the NCUA and other regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate the job performance of branch office staff to ensure quality of work and service to members. Provide evaluations of performance along with documented support.
- Assist staff and members in solving complex account problems.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
This position requires demonstrated outside sales experience, preferably in financial services
- Self-directed individual with well-developed interpersonal skills, effective communications skills, both written and oral as well as time management skills.
- Position requires working knowledge of U$X FCU products and services.
- Position requires ability to master a working knowledge of Fiserv Galaxy R7,Loancierge, personal computer applications, as well as Federal regulations applicable to Function Area.
- These qualifications are typically acquired through the completion of a High School education and several years of progressive credit union or community banking work experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years
- Sales: 5 years
- Financial Institution: 5 years
- Business Development: 5 years
Required work authorization: