Welcome to Sherwin-Williams
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. Sherwin-Williams supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
As the Audit Supervisor within our Global Audit Department, you will manage a team and help create and drive an energetic and positive learning culture. Within this role you will document and report on the team’s findings, suggest recommendations and corrective actions related to audits performed. The allocation of staffing resources, on-going guidance and mentoring of the team will be a primary focus. Here at Sherwin Williams, the Audit Supervisor will ensure the team adheres to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality.
- Lead and Execute annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance programPartner with the business to ensure adequate control documentation is in place, working to actively build strong relationships with company leadershipStay up to date on current guidance and methodologies
o Implement best practices to streamline approach to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
o Partner with external auditors to effectively design and assess controls as needed and oversee documentation of controls over key financial business processes focusing on quality and efficiencies
o Assist the Manager and Director with audit initiatives surrounding system implementations / conversions throughout the region
o Supervise the completion of process walkthroughs including coordination of deadlines with external auditors and business personnel
o Work with external auditors and management to resolve identified issues
- Plan, Lead and execute domestic audits of Sherwin-Williams Plants, Distribution Centers and Enterprise-wide business processes
o Manage audit projects from start to finish, which includes planning, executing and completing audit reports
o Complete site risk assessment and audit program for executed audits. Continue to drive efficiencies by providing input to audit team preparing audit procedures
o Identify opportunities to act as a consultant to the audit client, while strengthening the overall control environment, and working to provide value-add / cost-saving findings
o Supervise the planning, execution of fieldwork and coordination of final report for assigned audits
o Work with management to understand business processes, resolve issues, and communicate findings to the Audit Manager for assigned audits
o Conduct pre-close and closing conference meetings for assigned audits to discuss findings identified
o Own Internal Audit reports and memos to ensure issues are clearly described and recommendations are reasonable and in accordance with Company policy
o Work with management to co-develop action plans that are clear, concise and appropriately address the issue and provide documentation to Internal Audit Manager and Director for final review
o Coordinate with International Audit Managers to understand and review international reports, and provide to the Director of Global Audit for final review
- Manage the execution of annual financial statement audit by partnering with external auditors
o Work with external auditors to implement latest guidance and to continually improve the overall process
o Oversee the completion of assigned substantive procedures, control testing, and walkthrough documentation
o Coordinate and conclude on follow up items identified as a result of management and external auditor review
- Manage, train and develop Senior and Internal Auditors
o Supervise daily work of senior auditors
o Effectively delegate audit tasks and provide guidance/learning opportunities to auditor team
o Provide continuous on the job coaching, mentoring and timely feedback to develop auditor team
o Assist with the acquisition and development of audit personnel with high potential for growth throughout the Audit Department, or placement in other accounting, financial and management positions throughout the Company
o Provide performance feedback, training and performance reviews for senior and corporate auditors for bi-annual and annual reviews
o Encourage team to contribute ideas and identify opportunities for improvement
o Assist Manager and Director in completing the annual budget and executing team goals
o Provide input and participate in annual Risk Assessment and annual audit plan developed
o Participate in recruiting efforts as needed
- General Responsibilities and Tasks
o Coordinate and perform annual physical inventory observation of designated facilities
o Participate in special request reviews involving all aspects of an audit.
o Research unique situations and determine logical conclusions during the audit. Ensure that these conclusions are supported by thoroughly documented workpapers and well written audit exceptions.
o Provide assistance and perform other related inherent professional audit activities (including IT Audit Activities), as requested by Audit Leadership
o Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis
o Develop and maintain productive working relationships with company personnel, assess audit clients' satisfaction and proactively maintain contact with the audit client throughout the year
o Develop a solid understanding of SW’s divisions and IT applications
- Manage and participate in special assignments or ad hoc projects as deemed necessary by Department Leadership and/or the Audit Committee.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- Advanced degrees or certifications (MBA, CPA, CIA, etc.) is preferred
- 5+ years of prior work experience in accounting, finance and/or audit from Big 4 Firm or similar public company is preferred
- Must have ability to travel up to 30% of time (domestic and international)
- Must possess advanced understanding of general accounting, SOX, COSO, US GAAP/IFRS and manufacturing and/or retail industry
- Must have experience leading SOX testing, complex accounting and audit related projects in a team-based environment
- Must possess intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications, with the effective use of active listening and interviewing skills
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.