Family Practice and Urgent Care Center in North Bend, Washington is seeking a long-term Primary Care Provider who can also provide Urgent Care shifts on a weekly basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age or sex, on continuing basis: Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
- Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and medications.
- Promotes health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
- Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being.
- Works continually to assure deliverance of quality clinical care in a safe, efficient, competent, and effective manner.
- Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the supervisor.
- Current board certification
- Current DEA and State License without incident
Additional duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Shall provide outpatient health care to qualifying beneficiaries as scheduled by the Government
- Care shall include but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire family regardless of sex, age, or type of problem.
- Will maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
- Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving sub-specialty referrals.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
Be capable of adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries including but not limited to conditions of the:
Skin Pulmonary System, Head Gastrointestinal System, Eyes Musculoskeletal System, Ears Genitourinary System, Nose Reproductive System/Throat Lymphatic System, Neck Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular System Endocrine System, Psychiatric and Behavioral Health
Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately perform medical procedures to include, but not limited to, the following: · Basic Life Support · Advanced Life Support · Pediatric Advanced Life Support · Secure and maintain an adequate airway to include endotracheal intubation · Cardioversion of life threatening arrhythmias · Simple minor surgical procedures: punch biopsies, excision of skin lesions · Simple abscess incision and drainage · Nail trephination · Sling or swath injuries · Lumbar puncture · Suture simple laceration · Suture removal · · · Nebulizer treatment · Urine catheterization · Cultures (throat, wound) · · Remove ocular, nasal and ear foreign bodies · Clearing of ears by flush technique · Reduce simple dislocations and fractures, when appropriate · Bandaging of sprains, minor burns, and minor lacerations · Perform venous punctures for lab studies and interpret results · Draw arterial blood gases for evaluation and interpret results · Administer intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous medications as appropriate · Stabilize and evaluate cervical spine injuries as appropriate · Splint and stabilize traumatic injuries to extremities
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
Overtime often available:
Relocation Assistance Provided: