GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Healthplex Campus
Overview of position:
In today’s complex healthcare environment, an organization’s accurate and timely assessment of performance, adaptability, agility, and ability to successfully manage constant change through access to information, analysis, and innovation can be keys to success. Delivering information in a meaningful and actionable manner will be imperative to change the business and drive performance. That’s where business analysis comes in. A business analyst gathers and analyzes healthcare data from multiple sources to extract trends and business insights. To succeed in this role, the individual should be analytical, resourceful, and an excellent communicator who’s able to tell the story behind raw data to all audiences. The business analyst's primary objective is to help the organization understand all areas of business performance in an effort to promote organizational effectiveness, streamline processes, and keep patients and employees satisfied.
Analyze strategic alignment of proposed projects to the organization’s strategic objectives and goals
Conducts analysis of moderate to high complexity information to assure key stakeholders are provided with actionable, accurate and high integrity data.
Present and explain information and data in an understandable and purposeful manner
Build business models that incorporate the complete healthcare delivery process
Analyze data to identify trends and patterns
Ability to integrate and relate data from disparate sources
Support business initiatives through business analysis
Effectively collaborates with entire organization to conduct analysis and communicate findings and value added-information to the stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of accounting and finance activities and demonstrates the willingness and ability to learn healthcare service line specific operations, ensuring applicable and effective analysis is performed.
Works in conjunction with data management team for statistical gathering, reporting and compilation of benchmarking information.
Performs financial analysis, modeling, and reporting, related to project/business proposals.
Develops and maintains service line reports in alignment with strategic initiatives and orchestrates the process for routine distribution.
Identifies and implements process improvement strategies to effectively and efficiently produce reports, gather information, and meet organizational needs.
Maintains data integrity process to ensure all data received, retrieved, and processed is validated prior to distribution.
Prepares annual department operating and capital budget.
Performs variance analysis of budget to actual monthly reports.
Assist with development and maintenance of cost accounting method
In conjunction with routine reporting incorporates cost accounting analysis to supplement the strategic decision-making process.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
Minimum of 2 years of business or data analysis experience, preferably in healthcare.
Experience in data analysis and visualization methods
Knowledge of data mining methods and systems and analysis tools
Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with ability to read, categorize, comprehend and calculate information.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills to effective create analysis and presentations.
Ability to independently prioritize and focus on multiple tasks concurrently.
Must be detail oriented and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.