POSITION PURPOSE - The merchandising intern program offers talented college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience in working with a number of leaders to learn the retail business from one of the world's leading retailers. During a 10-12 week period, interns will be assigned to functional teams such as buying, global sourcing, merchandise operations/execution, marketing, e-commerce, product development and brand management to learn day-to-day operations, merchandising skills and overall comprehension of the retail business at the Home Depot's corporate office.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations.
- Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to merchandising senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Partnering cross-functionally to achieve goals
NATURE AND SCOPE - Position reports to Manager or Team Lead; No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 0
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES - Working toward a post-secondary degree.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS - Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Strong analytical skills
- Process/detail oriented
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES -
- Background in system development/business requirements
- Project management experience
- User Acceptance Testing experience