Provides support to the HVAC sales team for Commercial design/build and value engineered projects from the take off and bid process stage to customer finalized quote.
- Provides support to sales engineers, consulting engineers, contractors or technical buyers for system and product selection, design and pricing during the design and fulfillment stages.
- Responsible for timely completion of projects and maintaining owner, engineer and/or contractor satisfaction.
- Take-off and assemble competitive bids from site visits, construction bid documents including architectural, structural, mechanical drawings and specifications using estimating software.
- Stays current with material costs in order to address escalation during budgeting of long-term projects.
- Assist in maintaining existing estimating data bases, obtaining and tracking current commodity material cost, analysis and develop pricing trend charts for various materials.
- Develops relationships with represented manufacturers, maintains competitive advantage and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Communicates with subcontractors and suppliers by obtaining/negotiating prices with vendors for materials and evaluates vendor submittals.
- Documents work by maintaining files for each job including, but not limited to, internal and external customer correspondence to mitigate project risk. Keep accurate database of prospective projects.
- Responsible for holding job meetings such as; cost reviews.
- Meets deadlines for proposals and other assigned tasks.
- Responsible for timely completion of final bid and preparation of any submittals.
- Simultaneously handles a large and diverse number of projects and issues with tact, cooperation and persistence.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills; identifies each estimator’s strengths and utilizes those strengths to maximize the potential of the individual and the department. Identifies each individual’s opportunities for growth/improvement and coaches the individuals to correct improve.
- Responsible for identifying and developing processes to improve the quality and efficiency of the estimating group. Responsible for assisting staff in resolving complex or out of the norm issues.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Construction, Business, or other related areas required; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years of HVAC Project Management or Estimation experience.
- Familiarity with HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controls preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public quickly and effectively.
- Intermediate computer proficiency, particularly with Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Estimating software (Trimble, FastDuct, Blue Beam, QuickPen).
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC Project Management or Estimation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Other types of insurance