Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
About this Position
The Connection Systems North America (CS NA) team has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Project Engineer within our Consumer Connectivity (CC) Product Line. Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will serve as a liaison between off-site (Mexico and China) contract manufacturing services and allied manufacturing operations with on-site (Auburn Hills, MI) program management and product engineering for technical issues. The Mfg Project Engineer will design packaging and labeling for Aptiv products to be shipped overseas from our manufacturing suppliers to our customers, in accordance with each customer's requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage multiple programs and projects related to electronic contract manufacturing suppliers
- Provide liaison service between the contract manufacturer's technical staff and Aptiv engineering for problem solving and continue improvement of the program and product
- List and review actions items and work with the responsible parties for closure
- Monitor, analyze, and report on contract manufacturers' performance for quality, cost and delivery
- Responsible for the design of product packaging for shipment of product from the contract manufactures to company's customers that me the customer's packaging and labeling requirements
- Domestic and international travel required on an infrequent basis
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or Packaging
- 1+ years’ experience utilizing manufacturing processes
- 1+ years’ experience and working knowledge of statistics and statistical process control
- 1+ years' experience in Project Management (i.e. funding and timing to meet established program goals and milestones).
- 1+ years' experience with electrical and mechanical design
Traits We Seek:
- Experience with USB communications components and products
- Experience in Automotive electronics production and support
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Experienced in small module oversea packaging design and testing.
- Ability to speak and write in English, Spanish and Chinese.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities on a daily basis
- Experience in program and supplier management in the automotive industry
- Experience in writing procedures and work instruction
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to work with a global team
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
- Resourcefully innovate and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency using Word, Project, Excel, Outlook, Skype, etc.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
About Signal & Power Solutions Segment
Signal & Power Solutions reflects the growing significance of next-generation architectures with high-speed data and electrical power distribution as the foundation necessary for future mobility. We supply "the nervous system" of the vehicle, providing the complete design, manufacturing, and assembly of vehicle electrical systems. This includes wiring harnesses, connection systems and cable management solutions.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.