Big Dutchman / Agricon provides the competitive edge through innovative buildings, poultry, and livestock systems and related high –value products. The construction project manager (which will be based in Holland, Michigan) will focus on projects which include Agricon buildings and Big Dutchman poultry and livestock systems. This position will manage the project from the end user letter of intent to the final commissioning.
- Constitutes the main point of contact between the customer and the Agricon and Big Dutchman teams, in what pertains to Agricon buildings and all points of contact of that structure with the equipment.
- Works closely with sales team, supporting the quoting process and the closing of the sale.
- Develop comprehensive plans and project schedules to be shared with clients, contractors as well as other team members. Work directly with Big Dutchman and Agricon’s customer service staff who will coordinate logistics. This includes deliveries and unloading of equipment and building materials.
- Coordinate efforts with BD and Agricon engineering teams and the customer, to make sure that drawings and specifications are submitted, approved and retained in a timely fashion which meets the project schedule.
- Works with and optimizes efforts with customer’s civil work contractor, installation contractor and technical team.
- Reviews drawings, foundation drawings, and 2D detailed drawings for accuracy and compliance with contract documents.
- Participates in project progress meetings with all parties involved and prepare executive summaries to be shared with customers and project team.
- Coordinates efforts with Big Dutchman and Agricon engineering office to ensure the accuracy of design and material orders.
- Provides support assistance to Big Dutchman and Agricon installation supervisors.
- Responsible for the reporting into the Agricon project management online platform.
- Be dedicated to promoting appropriate installation and job site safety.
- Coordinate third party contractors including quoting, change orders and payment authorization.
- Be intimately involved in contract management and cost containment.
- BS/BA in building science or related degree in an area relevant to the position.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in project management on construction projects involving steel structures. Experience with agricultural equipment will be an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail with superior diplomatic written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business and technical acumen. Must be able to read architectural and mechanical blueprints.
- Superior people and general management skills.
- Strong computer and communication skills, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Schedule. Experience with AutoCAD will be an advantage.
- Ability to interact across different cultures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a US passport.
Big Dutchman offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation
To learn more about Big Dutchman, visit our website at www.bigdutchmanusa.com
Job Type: Full-time