Temporary Contact Tracer (3 positions)
COVID-19 Response Team
Scale of Pay: $25.00 per hour / 17 hours per week
This is primarily a remote position with occasional in-person meetings and/or training's as needed.
View the full job description at www.ifrsf.org/employment
HOW TO APPLY
To apply submit your cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format to:
Human Resources Department
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, Inc.
(please note, resume without a cover letter will not be considered)
Instituto Familiar de la Raza is responding to the public health emergency of COVID-19 impacting San Francisco’s Latinx community. COVID-19 is increasingly concentrated among low-income, monolingual Spanish speaking Latinxs. The primary goal of IFR’s COVID-19 Response Team is to deliver containment strategies (health education, case investigation, contact tracing), increase access to testing, provide psychosocial support and referrals and linkages to wrap-around social services.
Under direct supervision, the Contact Tracer is responsible for conducting case investigation interviews and contact tracing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and link clients to care and appropriate resources.
Essential Job Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Interview and collect data from people who have tested positive for COVID-19 and identify contacts who may have been exposed
- Contact individuals who may have been potentially exposed
- Provide education on prevention and mitigation, including isolation and quarantine guidelines to minimize the risk of potential transmission
- Assist clients and contacts identify any social support needs they may have during self- isolation/self-quarantine and provide referrals and linkages to community resources as needed
- Participate in all training to learn procedures for case investigation and contact tracing, including, the use of appropriate software and tracking databases
- Collect service data and enter into database accurately
- Maintain required documentation and observe client confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent background, MEA/CNA Health Certificate ( completed or in progress)
- Preferred experience in community health education or disease intervention
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish and English
- Knowledge and sensitivity to issues of diversity in the Latinx community including gender, race, language, immigration status, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status
- Ability to provide tactful support to individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential client information and maintain ethical boundaries and professional conduct
- Knowledge of software used for reporting, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. For example, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Conditions of Employment
- Available to work some evenings and weekends
- Must pass and maintain annual Tuberculosis Test
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening
- Complete annual recurrent on-line training
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly rate is $25.00. This is a temporary, part- time (17 hours per week), non-exempt position with no benefits.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, Inc. is a multi-service community health and social service agency with emphasis in serving the Chicano/Latino community in San Francisco with a special focus on the diverse needs of the Mission District. Services include a wide range of mental health, HIV related services, and social services including health promotion, education, prevention, early intervention, case management, clinical, psychological and psychiatric interventions as well as cultural/social and spiritual re- enforcement. The agency serves children, youth, adults and families; it has a rich history of working collaboratively with other agencies to meet the needs of the diverse Chicano/Latino communities, and other cultural/racial communities in San Francisco.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $25.00 per hour
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction