PLEASE NOTE: You must complete an EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. Please visit our website at www.rhaonline.com to obtain instructions for completing and submitting your application. Thank you!
Raleigh Housing Authority is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to provide support to the Human Resources Division to help ensure an effective operation in support of the agency and employees. Responsibilities may cover a wide range of tasks within the human resources function but will perform some primary tasks to support the Human Resources Manager and efficiency within the division in the areas of:
- Recruitment, pre-employment screenings, on-boarding/new hire orientation.
- Providing assistance to departments as needed on panels to interview job applicants.
- Maintenance of employee database, files, and records related to hiring, benefits, terminations, leaves, promotions, transfers.
- Administration of employee benefit plans (Health, Dental, Vision, FSA/DCRA, Group Life, LTD, STD, 401k, 457, etc.).
- Invoice reconciliation (Health, Dental, Vision, FSA/DCRA, Group Life, LTD, STD)
- FMLA and Worker’s Compensation administration.
- Providing assistance with employee and management training & development initiatives.
- Providing assistance with performance management
- Compiling, analyzing and reporting data to local, state, and federal agencies as needed/required.
- Providing guidance to employee’s and management on a variety of HR-related topics and answering questions or helping to resolve issues that may rise.
- Conducting exit meetings/interviews with employees at separation.
- Interpreting, explaining, and ensuring compliance with HR laws and RHA’s Personnel Policy.
A valid North Carolina Driver’s License, drug testing, criminal background check and DMV check is required. Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of HR generalist experience; PHR or SPHR certification; and/or bilingual skills (English/Spanish) is preferred; or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,493.00 - $61,375.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
Our offices are closed to the public. We perform daily temperature checks for staff who work onsite; we provide masks, hand sanitizer/disinfectant, provide frequent cleaning of high-traffic areas, and require all staff to wear a mask in common areas.
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19