NJOY is one of the largest independent vaping companies in the U.S. and a leader in the revolution against cigarettes. With a clear mission to Make Smoking History, NJOY offers a range of e-cigarettes and vaping devices for the millions of adult smokers looking for an alternative. NJOY is driven in its mission and commitment to improve the lives of adult smokers.
Provide overall Quality and Engineering leadership under the Vice President of the business unit. Ensure performance of the Quality and R&D units meets or exceeds the requirements of the Chief Operating Officer and the VP of the Quality and Engineering. Provide guidance and management to the Director of Quality and the Director of R&D and Engineering ensuring each group is fulfilling business requirements within budget constraints. Create and sustain a culture of quality, creativity, and work ethic focused on achieving goals and planning for future needs. Assure that Quality and R&D resources are aligned with the overall strategy for the business unit. Represent the Quality and R&D business to both internal and external partners.
- Serve as the R&D and Quality leader under the Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Set the standards for quality and performance for the Quality and RD Departments.
- Provide strategic planning and goals for the Quality and R&D Departments and NJOY.
- Monitor and ensure acceptable performance of the Quality and R&D Departments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for the Quality and R&D Departments. Monitor performance of the Quality and R&D Departments for meeting or exceeding the goals set for each department.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure success of the Quality and R&D departments.
- Monitor and ensure proper hierarchy and functionality of each department is maintained.
- Prepare and oversee the budget for Quality and Engineering Departments.
- Monitor key projects and intervene as necessary to keep projects on track.
- Communicate the status of key projects to the Executive Team as necessary.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers.
- Prepare and deliver various quality and engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to lead an organization at a Manager level or above with multiple priorities and objectives.
- Ability to think strategically, forecasting potential problems and develop plans to avoid them.
- Proven ability to building and/or maintaining QMS systems for regulated environments (FDA, Health Canada, MHRA, etc.) supporting contract manufacturing through supplier management. Medical device quality systems or CTP requirements experience is desirable.
- Proven ability to create regulatory filings and support regulatory requirements.
- Proven ability to lead product development activities and set development requirements.
- Ability to mentor individuals and build a cohesive business unit.
- Efficient organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple processes and priorities effectively. Proven ability to lead large and complex projects effectively using project management tools.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including ability to navigate potentially challenging situations both internal and external to the business.
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Visio, Statistical Software such as Minitab or Statistics, etc.
- Experience in the application of various operational philosophies (Six Sigma, Lean, Theory of Constraints) to product and process development and control.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years’ combined experience high level leadership and management in product development and quality roles. Experience in a regulated environment, preferably medical device/pharmaceuticals preferred.
- Project management experience with large, complex projects.
- Leadership experience with individuals and teams.
- Cross functional team experience as in leadership or manager role.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, science discipline, or an MBA.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts