GENERAL MANAGER PROFILE:
LONG COVE, ON CEDAR CREEK LAKE
Long Cove is a luxury second-home gated community on Cedar Creek Lake in Malakoff, Texas, an hour and half drive outside of the Dallas, Texas, metroplex. Long Cove’s mission is to deliver unforgettable weekends and holidays that are an escape from the city. Fenceless freedom for families, friends, children, and grandchildren. Texas Sunsets that are a special blend of peach and magenta. Long Cove is for spontaneous getaways and making memories that last a lifetime. With over 1,100 wooded acres and 7.5 miles of shoreline on Cedar Creek Lake, the community is filled with resort amenities that include the Lake Club and Regatta Grill, Sports Play Field and Toy Barn, Fitness Studio, fishing ponds, and 8 miles of hiking and biking trails. There is so much to do - from holiday celebrations to pick up football games on the Play Field, to a round of golf and practice on the Old Mine Proving Grounds designed by Tripp Davis or the 70,000 square-foot-putting green by David Zinkand, to boating - tubing, water-skiing, and wake boarding, with a full-service marina that takes care of your boat. Or become a member of the Long Cove Boat Club with anytime usage of a variety of wakeboard and cruising boats.
A private, luxury community of 100 homeowners to date with lot pricing from $465K– 1.5M. Spec and custom homes built through our affiliated quality home builders.
Long Cove is a private HOA Community with distinctive real estate and one-of-a-kind private amenities and outdoor adventures.
Long Cove on Cedar Creek Lake, Texas – https://www.longcovetx.com/
Potential General Manager candidates must possess and be able to exhibit a charismatic coach training “heart of a teacher” leadership style. Candidates must be willing and able to train, develop best practices, and set standards, and implement on a day to day basis, in each of the operations business segment. The General Manager will be the key leader known to the Community Owners, and Employees as the “go to person” representing the Developer. The General Manager must be visible and present in all operations on a regular basis. The General Manager must demonstrate an open-door approachable demeanor that leads and guides all Leadership in an equal and proactive manner. The General Manager must not be a “behind the desk” manager, must manage by “walking around, inspecting what he or she expects”. The General Manager must be structured and organized to implement defined goals and initiatives that will achieve the Mission, Vision, and Brand of being an unparalleled Community.
Please Note: All applications with appropriate background and experience will be considered. Close ties to Texas, and Dallas in particular are preferred, but not necessary.
LONG COVE BY THE NUMBERS:
- Number of Employees – approximately 15 full time + 10 seasonal employees
- Amenities to date: Private Trails for Hiking and Biking, Lake Club and Pool, Youth Game
Room, Regatta Grill, Marina, Full Driving Range, 9-Hole Executive Golf Short Course and a
70,000 square-foot putting green - designed by David Zinkand – Thistle Never Dhu Putting
- Number of golf holes – 9 hole executive short course
- Number of dining restaurants and seats: 1 current venue / 50 seats, plus 100 pool patio and deck seating.
- Number of completed homes built in the Community to date: 69 completed to date, 27 under construction or pending construction.
- Community Ownership / Usage – Strictly private, with sponsored and invited guests only
- Lot price ranges – $465K– 1.5M+
- Home price ranges - $1.5M+
POSITION OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION:
The General Manager has clear ownership over the day-to-day operations of Long Cove, its Community Operations and HOA, while focused on the achievement and maintenance of a strategic business plan for these divisions. Specific emphasis on consistently enhancing an extraordinary lifestyle experience for the Long Cove Community Owners and their guest is primary to this role. The General Manager is responsible for managing the entire inventory of key assets (physical and staff) including golf, fitness, activities, tennis, basketball, food and beverage, front of house operations, community events, maintenance, housekeeping, landscaping, concierge services, security, HOA, and future community amenities, assuring consistency to meet the defined expectations of service execution and delivery. The General Manager must be a strong motivator, with strong leadership ethics, with a visible proactive presence with a first in - last out leadership style. The Developer / Owner has created this unique leadership opportunity looking for a retired or later career Club General Manager. Today the development requires 10-20 hours a week of full-time operational supervision in the winter / down season. During the summer and on Holidays the development requires 40+ hours of full-time operational supervision. The General Manager will be required to live within 15 minutes of the property to respond to operational issues on a daily basis when needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the clear leader in ensuring that the Long Cove brand is presented as a premier, residential private community on Cedar Creek Lake, Texas.
- Oversee the execution of all necessary and relevant enhancements to procedures and operational strategies.
- Work directly with the development and construction teams to assure adherence to the rules, construction clean-up, coordination with amenity and events usage, and safety for the
- Responsible for all future community amenity openings, organized and ready for exemplary
Community Ownership usage and service at any time (with focus on high traffic periods on the weekends, April – September high season usage).
- Act as the “face” of Long Cove, and the Developer’s representative to Community Owners, Staff and External Constituencies.
- Attend and lead as required the Community HOA and or Advisory Board meetings and maintain feedback and communication consistently with the Developer / Owner.
- Provide a positive, upbeat image for the Community Owners by ensuring that Owners and their
Guest enjoy high-touch service, a quality product and an exciting calendar of events.
- Continually keep the Community events fresh, current, and innovative with programming, menus
/ culinary, service and private ownership traditions.
- Continually increase member engagement, member participation, food and beverage and retail sales.
- Establish a partnership with the real estate sales-marketing teams and assure that the Community
Amenities is promoted, and all aspects of the Community are showcased during the sales process.
- Assure that all Long Cove staff understands the importance of the sales-marketing process and the courtship with prospective buyers.
- Assure that properly implemented departmental benchmarks and reports are in place.
- Ensure that compliance is constantly maintained with operating standards, policies, rules and procedures.
- Have a clear understanding of the Community documents and assure that compliance is enforced. Liaison with the Developer / Owner for approved changes prior to implementation and advise of any enforcement issues.
- Establish with the GM’s direct supervisors and leadership staff an annual operating and capital budget for the Long Cove Community. The General Manager is the responsible party to lead the
Community budgeting process with the Developer CFO / accounting department. The General
Manager is responsible for any variances to budgets and capital and will make all efforts to communicate major variances to the Developer / Owner or Owners CFO / Accounting
Department in advance whenever possible. The General Manager must practice a “zero based budgeting process”. The General Manager will be involved in the “Lake View Management &
Development District” capital planning and expenditures. This is a separate budget from Club
- Ensure implementation and execution of the Community’s operational plan(s): i.e. Operating and capital budgets, and departmental work plans.
- Establish monthly review of departmental operating performance, develop ongoing departmental benchmarks, and other indicators of operating performance.
- Overview the functionality and accuracy of all computer and point of sale systems.
- Monitor and establish accountability for operating performance of all departments.
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing high quality food and beverage operations with seasonal flex and part time employees.
- As required, reporting to the Ownership group
- Other duties as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- College graduate with a bachelor’s degree in business administration or hospitality management.
- Minimum of 10 years of significant experience and a preference of at least 5 years of general management experience in a similar, private, highly regarded premier Communities or Private
- Prefer: Certified Club Manager (CCM) from the Club Managers Association (CMAA)
- Proven record of strong operational management skills and attention to detail.
- A strong and passionate leader with a proven track record of providing high-level services in a multiple facility community environment, and with a personality that exemplifies the Long Cove experience.
- A Team Builder who has a history of attracting, developing and retaining a high-performance staff.
- Exceptionally strong communication and facilitation skills, both written and verbal, with the appropriate personal presence, desire and ability to interact effectively with Community Owners,
Guests, Staff and Vendors who are part of the success of Long Cove.
- Integrity, visibility, creativity and energy are of the utmost importance to this Community
Ownership and the Developer.
- Must at all times be a self-starter! Able to organize and bring focus to a set listing of goals and tasks.
- An intuitive style resulting in a sincere and visible engaged presence with Community Owners,
Guests and Staff.
- Director of Operations & Golf Supervisor
- Landscaping Contractor
- Marina Manager
- Community Director
- Controller/ Apartment Manager (a separate 56-unit Apartment Complex adjacent to the Community, owned by the Developer)
- Lake Club Manager (Grill and pool amenity)
- Community P&L Management
- Approve and finalize departmental budgets to be submitted to the Developer / Owner & CFO for approval
- Manage all Community Operations to achieve approved budgets
- Oversight over HOA operations and financial performance, and collection of HOA Dues.
- Others as assigned
- Preferred Salary Range: $85k, plus real estate sales annual bonus. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience based on this reduced scope and hours leadership commitment. The Developer / Owner has created this position to be the perfect opportunity for a retired Club Manager looking for a later career opportunity.
- The Developer will offer continued Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) benefits and continued education.
- The Developer will offer an excellent benefits package, and relocation assistance.
Individuals who meet or exceed the established criteria as detailed in this posting are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume.
Send all documents to:
Patrick Ferkany, GSI Search Principal
GSI Executive Search,
5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 1325
Dallas, Texas 75240
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $85,001.00 /year
- management: 10 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Setting and meeting goals for service, operations, and financial results
- Maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Maintaining property and equipment
- Inspecting and adhering to safety and sanitation guidelines
- Performing front-line customer service