A premier retail client in Secaucus, NJ would like to hire a Executive Level Risk and Control Expert w/the following background:
The Technology and Controls Contractor will focus on maintaining and improving all technological and process issues including establishing effective Information Technology General Controls in the company.
Must have knowledge of SAP & Understanding of T - Codes
Must have background working with External Auditors either EY, Deloitte, PWC,
Prior Experience leading an IT Organization preferably in Retail.
Technology and Controls Contractor Executive Consultant and Responsibilities
- Coaches members of IT teams, particularly IT Control / process owners to ensure people are meeting expectations and stays on the same page in achieving overall organizational objectives.
- Communicates with Senior Leadership Team regarding current state of technology from a compliance standpoint
- Recommend and oversee the implementation of proper IT controls and practices, that enables agility in meeting our business objectives
- Create and maintain continual improvement of IT Processes, programs and projects.
- Establish and maintain effective governance for IT controls
- Execute an enterprise IT security program and capabilities to ensure all IT assets are protected.
- Create and operate a joint business/IT governance process to prioritize and improve overall control environment
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities and risks company-wide
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders, and other senior management throughout the company.
- Develops strategies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of technology initiatives.
Technology and Controls Contractor Requirements and Qualifications
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders, and other senior management throughout the company
- Able to be a “big picture” thinker
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to align multiple strategies and ideas
- Confident in producing and presenting work
- In-depth understanding of the retail industry
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field; Master’s degree in information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred
- Eight to ten years’ experience in similar role or information technology role, or related field; five years in management or leadership role
- Experience with relevant technology: SAP, WMI, Workday, GT Nexus
- Strict adherence to company philosophy/and creating an ethical culture with strong internal controls
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills.
Job Type: Contract
- IT Audit: 1 year (Preferred)