The Project Designer prepares shop drawings and technical details on a per project basis. Shop drawings translate the Architectural design intent into a drawing and Bill of Materials that represents the specified products. Project Designers also serve as subject matter experts to the capabilities and installation of Hunter Douglas products.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete shop drawings for proprietary product.
- Use AutoCAD to draw detailed shop drawings translating design intent to product specific solutions.
- Provide project status reviews on a regular basis to Project Managers and Sr. Management.
- Create detailed project- and product-specific Bill of Materials.
- Communicate and follow up with internal customers as it relates to project specifics and deadlines.
- Maintain Project Manager and customer expectations.
- Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented.
- Communicate project requirements and status to cross functional teams.
- Manage one’s own time in order to hit deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Design Team and other departments as required to trouble-shoot issues.
- Full knowledge of proprietary Hunter Douglas systems as trained.
- Continue to develop knowledge base of existing products and assist with new products.
- Participate in personal development and training as required.
- Create production drawings for the manufacturing plant.
- 0-3 years AutoCAD (2010 or later) experience in commercial construction or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, perform take-offs, and material optimizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software; working knowledge of databases.
- File management, knows how to open, save, find, and copy files both on local workstation and over a network.
- Ability to follow specific AutoCAD/graphic standards as well as Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proficiency in 3D software such as Revit, Solidworks, and Rhino/Grasshopper is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoCAD (2010 or later): 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture