Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Supervises and coordinates the activities of the staff within the Contact Center with regard to all patient scheduling, registration and financial clearance functions for patient contacts, to ensure efficient and proper collection and distribution of demographic and financial patient information. Collaborates with the Manager of the Contact Center to implement management plans, and devolops and recommends polices and procedures that impact specific areas of the organization. Assists in the implementation of scheduling system in new departments.
1. 65% - Supervises & coordinates activities of staff in patient scheduling & pre-registration functions; includes collecting & processing patient info, registration, work allocation & problem resolution; motivates employees.
2. Provides staff supervision to include hiring, conducting performance reviews, counseling, disciplinary action, and oversee staff educational development.
3. Approves various transactions including ability-to-pay allowances, discounts, and initiation of service deferral.
4. Maintains liaisons with administrative and support personnel to coordinate efforts in resolving problems concerning scheduling, verification of information, and registration.
5. Assists in the preparation of reports and analyses, setting forth progress and adverse trends, and makes appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
6. Assists in performing department reviews for potential centralization of scheduling, pre-registration and financial clearance.
7. Participates, creates and maintains department builds in scheduling system as well as reviews and manages tickets for build changes.
8. Represents the WCHN Patient Access Department at meetings.
9. Ensures resource management is in line with departmental needs based on expanded hours of operation and physical location of workplace.
10. Plans and conducts meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
11. Provides department-specific training or assists in the delivery of training curriculum.
12. Ensures the highest quality and timely delivery of services and customer service standards of excellence.
13. Communicates template requests to manager after researching reason and impact of request.
14. Proactively works on denial prevention, denial coordination and denial recovery, with prevention being the focus.
15. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
PC literate; highly customer service-oriented.
National Association of Healthcare Mgmt (NAHAM) certification.
Norwalk-148 East Ave
Mon-Fri poss Sat 8 am - 4:30
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.