We are looking for an experienced Director of Operations to oversee the daily operations of our Precision Drilling and Machining operation in Decatur, IL. This company is a leading supplier and servicer of Metal Fabrication and Machining to the heat exchanger and pressure vessel industry.
Job responsibilities include full oversight of operations to maximize efficiency, productivity, and profits for the organization as a whole. You will work closely with the stakeholders and board of directors to create annual budgets, develop business forecasts, plan and implement Capex projects, and analyze financial data to control costs while driving revenue growth.
The Director of Operations will have a high-level of autonomy and influence over the culture of the organization and all personnel decisions. They will supervise all staff and set goals and expectations for the entire organization.
Most importantly, the candidate will need to display a strong history of Business Development and Technical Sales acumen within the Metal Machining and Metal Fabrication industry.
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position within the precision metal fabrication or CNC Precision Machining industry.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- In depth knowledge of Metal Machining, Metal Fabrication of Pressure Vessels and ASME Heat Exchanger Manufacturing and engineering
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions
- Solid references
- Oversee Manufacturing, Finance, and Business Development for the entire organization
- Full Profit & Loss oversight and responsibility over maintaining budgets and reaching revenue and profit targets
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Planning and Implementing Capital Expenditures and maintaining Capital assets including Real Estate Assets
- Identifying and targeting areas in which a business can improve operations
- Monitoring revenue margins
- Overseeing employee productivity and ongoing training of employees
- Researching and implementing new directives for business growth and prosperity
- Developing and implementing guidelines for employee evaluations, recruitment and promotion
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Operations Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Machining: 5 years (Preferred)