UI Developer / Front-End Developer
Axle Informatics is a scientific research and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and bioresearch solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, molecular research, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technological tools and scientific techniques to empower the world of research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
The Front-End Developer will play an integral role in our team by building, deploying and operating web application products and services to support drug research and collaboration. The Front-End Developer will work closely with other engineers, regulatory and cheminformatics specialists in an agile development environment to enhance the Global Substance Registration System, a regulatory tool that tracks the ingredients in medical products and is used to enhance the safety of medicines and facilitate international coordination. We're looking for an ambitious front-end developer who's up for an exciting challenge to make an impact in a small agile team environment. You must be a disciplined self-starter capable of delivering quality work in a fast paced environment.
- Work closely with our regulatory and cheminformatics specialists to understand and translate UI requirements into code
- Execute front-end coding during development sprints, to produce great consistent UI
- Work along side back-end developers each sprint
- Maintain and manage a cohesive front-end framework as we make updates and add features to the UIs
- Research, prototype and advise on new front-end technologies and tools as we evolve our platform tech stack
- Develop test cases for cross browser testing, and assist in the QA Engineering process.
- Help Design REST APIs to communicate with back-end
- Ability to comprehend complexity, to fully understand a product with all of its business and technological implications, and to approach the improvement of its quality from that perspective.
- Proven experience working in a front-end development role
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in IS, CS or equivalent.
- Expertise with front-end development languages - preferably using Play Framework
- Experience in working in small fast paced environments with multiple simultaneous tasks/projects.
- Worked on teams employing Agile development methodologies and tools, such as Jira, Git, etc.
- Familiarity working in codebases that have involved multiple developers through time
- Familiarity with Java
- Familiarity with REST APIs and Ajax
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience writing complex automated tests for web applications using Selenium IDE or a comparable tool.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ionic: 3 years (Required)
- Front End: 4 years (Required)
- Angular: 3 years (Required)