Sodexo Government Services is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, solutions/results driven Food Management Area General Manager to support accounts in Virginia & Maryland.
Our Area General Manager will support the District Manager in mentoring and training Operations Managers and other food management professionals. He or she will also support these accounts with managing marketing plans, budgets, special projects and other operational details.
Position contingent on obtaining a security clearance from the United States government based on a federal background investigation, which will include a polygraph.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in food management operations, safety and labor/food cost controls, while also having proven success in driving customer results. The ability to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of the organization is critical. Your success in this role will be measured by your ability to:
Becoming a trusted adviser and member of the accounts leadership team
Achieve continuous improvement in customer and client satisfaction scores
Create an exceptional customer experience through strategic partnership with clients
Create a culture of safety and quality at all levels
Meeting (or exceeding) Sodexo standards of operations
Ability to drive initiatives and innovation
Careers in Government and Agencies:
Working for Sodexo at Government and Agency locations allows you to provide logistical support for combat missions abroad and for day-to-day management during training periods at home. Across America and around the world, our service offering combines facility and food services together as a customer-centric management solution. Today, we are entrusted with a workforce of a quarter million men and women in public service across 150 government sites and agencies. Our teams engage with international alliances and partners to ensure that those we serve have what they need to achieve peak performance.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Come join an industry leader and be part of making everyday a better day with Sodexo! APPLY TODAY!
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.