SS White Dental is a leading dental device manufacturer that strives to bring high quality dental products to market, enabling practitioners to work more efficiently and to maximize patient comfort and quality. The creation of unique and differentiated products is the cornerstone of SS White Dental. Our footprint has been around for 170 years and makes us one of the most well recognized and trusted names in the industry today.
The SS White Engineering Department is seeking an Engineering Intern to assist with daily tasks within our manufacturing facility. The candidate will have a unique opportunity to learn a hands-on approach to tackling major engineering initiatives as well as continuous improvement projects within production.
The Engineering Intern will work directly with our engineering team to support daily operations and learn more about the different processes, functions, and projects within the department. This is a paid position not to exceed 25 hours per week, or as needed, for the duration of Summer or Fall 2017.
As an Engineering Intern, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist the engineering team with various R&D projects and experiments
- Provide technical guidance to production departments and support daily production
- Create, modify, and maintain controlled engineering documents including specifications, 2D blueprints, and 3D models
- Troubleshoot by using Root Cause Analysis
- Identify and implement process improvements and cost reduction projects utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Statistical Analysis
- Other tasks and projects as needed
- Applicants should be second year or higher Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Electrical engineering majors
- Experience with AutoCAD 2D and Solidworks 3D modeling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio and Project
- PLC and CNC machining and programming a plus
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and strong analytical and problem solving skills are all essential to this position
SS White Dental is committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are proud to create and maintain a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status or protected veteran status.