The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is ISLAND OF HAWAII . (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at KMC, Volcano, Hawaii. (BIG ISLAND).
This is a Standing Register with an initial cutoff date set for 05-OCT-2018. Eligible applicants will be referred to management upon request.
- Makes reservations for incoming guests based on room availability.
- Assists clientele in the completion of required forms and registration cards.
- Answers questions pertaining to rules and regulations governing the assignment and use of quarters; issues room keys.
- Orients guests concerning use of facilities and equipment, and other facilities available on post.
- Computes charges for guests checking out, receives payments and room keys; renders receipts.
- Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3 to include a National Agency Check (NACI).
- Employee may be required to stand for extended periods of time.
1. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide at the level necessary to complete required reports and use a computer for work processing or data entry.
2. Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
Highly Preferred Criteria
1. One-year hotel front desk experience is preferred.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 P.M. HST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is NOT authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is NOT in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
- Army NAF Paysetting rules/requirements apply to this vacancy announcement.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- For a full listing of duties for this position, please click on the link below.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
If you are claiming any of the above eligibilities, your supporting documentation must be received at the time of application.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434, PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate
Review our benefits