Full-timeEstimated: $71,000 - $93,000 a year
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
Architectural Specification Writer
Darden Architects is seeking a person to fill our role of Architectural Specification Writer. As a specification writer you will perform and oversee the writing of project manuals, updating of office master specifications, researching architectural products, and general technical support resource for staff.
Project Manual Preparation
- Assist Project Teams by specification editing.
- Support Project Teams in coordination and preparation of Division 00 & 01 documents
- Collaborate with Project Teams and Project Consultants relative to specification sections.
- Compile and publish Project Manuals.
- Assist Project Managers in responses to Authority Having Jurisdiction comments.
- Use Microsoft Office and/or Bluebeam software for final publishing.
Oversite of Master Specifications
- Updating products and systems according to industry standards and project experience.
- Research and preparation for new materials and product specification sections.
- Implementation of Code Cycle updates to Darden Architects master specifications.
- Use AIA MasterSpec, among other resources, as reference in preparation of new specification sections, and in upgrading of existing master specification sections.
- Development of project - specification coordination tools in collaboration with Darden Specifier's Team and Office Standards Team.
Construction Information Manager
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with product representatives.
- Support Darden Architects Project Architects in material research, documentation, and project development.
- Maintain product and materials resources.
- Maintain codes and standards resources.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Manage project load across Specifications Department.
- Coordination of project certifications and incentives.
- Assist staff in use of Deltek e-Specs Desktop software.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field.
- 7 years' experience in Construction Industry. Related fields may include product sales, construction field engineering, architecture, or engineering.
- Proficient in operating in Microsoft Word.
Job Type: Full-time
- A/E/C Industry: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location