Beautiful Hotel is in need of Front Desk Clerk Part time and Full time. Hotel is in excellent location VERY close to Universal Studios. Bilingual Spanish speakers are a plus. All potential applicants will be subject to a background check and drug screening. Hotel front desk clerk experience is necessary and the minimum hourly wage is
$12.00-$13.00/hour. Salary is dependent on experience.
This position will coordinate activities of the hotel to obtain optimum efficiency of operations and maximize profits. The Front Desk Clerk responsibilities include the overall daily operation of the hotel including all of the activities within, but not limited to, revenue management, guest relations, front desk duties, overseeing the day to day operations, making/handling reservations, updating room inventories, cashiering, handling emergencies/incidents, managing the maids, and keeping the best interests of the property.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY OF FRONT DESK CLERK INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner
- Check guests in, issue room keys, provide information on room location
- Ensure required identification is taken from guests at check-in
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner
- Up-sell rooms when possible to maximize hotel revenue
- Answer guest calls, messages, requests, questions or concerns
- Check guests out, including resolving any late or disputed charges
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions using established procedures
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints
- Follow established hotel procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to your supervisor
- Work as part of a team and communicate with your supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned including concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Strictly maintains customers' privacy at all times
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Inspect rooms prior to returning a cash security deposit
**Salary is dependent on experience and Hospitality experience is required as Front Desk Clerk**
You may be required to complete a drug screening and background check.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour