Machine Learning/AI Expert Position Summary:
Are you a bright and passionate Machine Learning or AI Expert looking for an opportunity to advance your career? Are you motivated and inspired by innovation? Are you ready to join a company that puts technology at the forefront of business transformation? If so, you’re the kind of person we’re looking for. Being an Innovation Catalyst requires a unique ability to identify, initiate and implement meaningful change. It’s about an unrelenting commitment to help customers make incredible things happen with technology. At BMC, we change how people work with and look at technology. We are Innovation Catalysts.
BMC is the market leader in Consolidated Service Desk and IT Service Management solutions, with development sites in California, Texas, Canada, Israel and India. Join a very successful business with market leading product lines. Be one of the members of the R&D team as we continue to grow our existing business and expand into adjacent markets.
Job Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Design and develop machine learning algorithms
- Discover, design, and develop analytical methods to support novel approaches of data and information processing
- Enhance cloud platform using industry leading Machine Learning and Chatbot technologies
- Design and develop platform solution based on Java/J2EE best practices and web standards.
Lead/participate in all aspects of product development, from requirements analysis to product release.
- Lead feature/product engineering teams and participate in architecture and design reviews.
Design enterprise platform using agile methodology. This includes creating detailed design using UML, process flows, sequence diagrams, and pseudo-code level details ensuring solution alignment.
Responsible for delivery of high quality commercial software releases to aggressive schedules.
- Ability to lead and participate on empowered virtual teams to deliver iteration deliverables, manages projects within scope of responsibility and drives the technical direction of the product.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and stay up-to-date with competing technologies and passionate about adapting technology to provide business-benefiting solutions balancing with platform limitations
- Provides complete documentation in the form of commented code, problem status information, and design documents.
1-2 years of professional experience in Machine Learning and Chabot technologies such as Watson, Azure Machine Learning, LUIS, Amazon ML, Amazon Lex, API.AI, TensorFlow.
Experience in designing and developing complex framework and platform solutions with practical use of design patterns.
Expertise with unit/integration testing, test driven development and related modern best practices/technologies
- Experience with open source Java frameworks such as OSGI, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, JSecurity, JMS, JPA, JTA, JDBC.
Expertise with server-side issues such as caching, clustering, persistence, security, SSO, state management, high scalability/availability and failover
Experience implementing Business Process Management software and integrating complex enterprise systems
Understand machine learning concepts and algorithms and be able to explain algorithms to be used to solve various machine learning problems.
- Experience with Oracle, MS-SQL or PostgreSQL databases and Aspect oriented architectures.
Some experience with web services (client and server) with REST, etc.
Understanding of web application servers
Excellent communication skills:
demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
Must have strong decision-making skills; take-charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion
Experience with open source participation and apache projects, patent process, in depth knowledge of App server architectures and SaaS or PaaS enabling platforms is a big plus.
- BS/MS in Engineering (Computer Science preferred)
Must have a minimum 7 years of experience in design and development of enterprise software applications with a proven track record of delivering high quality commercial enterprise products.
Location of Position:
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.