General Summary of the Purpose of the Position
Primary objective of this position is to participate in or support software development to meet cost, schedule, and performance goals for Starkey’s software systems.
Approach and Deployment (What to Do & How to Do It)
Apply technical expertise, commensurate with formal training and extensive experience, to develop software.
Utilize technical knowledge to architect and implement functional software and integrate this software with other enterprise applications.
Develop projects by working alongside other software developers.
Work in both Agile and waterfall project environments.
Interact with other functional groups and customers regarding technical issues on a regular basis.
Facilitate communication between the Integration/API team and other groups including business groups and other areas in IT.
Work with outside consultants and experts.
Participate in defining and implementing standards and platforms for integration and API development.
Results – Performance Measures (How to Measure Success)
- Peer Code reviews and software testing will be used to measure technical skills.
- Feedback from others in the group or customers.
- Achieve goals and schedules for projects.
Other Duties (Non Measurable)
- Keep abreast of industry trends in integration and API development.
- Support Starkey Employee Corporate and/or Department Guidelines.
- Check and verify quality.
- Support corporate health and safety objectives.
- React to change productively and handle other essential duties as assigned.
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
BS Computer Science or equivalent is required.
3+ years in software development or related area.
Experience in one of the following; application integration, data integration, Web Services, or API development is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of C#/.NET or Java is preferred.
- Hands-on knopwledge of integration software or API development is desired
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Good attention to detail required.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
Exercise of authority or supervision over others:
Various Starkey Company information
Communicates regularly with internal customers
Normal office conditions
Normal office equipment
Transforming the hearing care industry
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a world leader in the design, development and distribution of comprehensive hearing solutions. We believe in using superior hearing technology as a means to achieving something even greater - creating meaningful connections between people and their worlds. Through unsurpassed customer service practices, we strive to bring a human touch to hearing healthcare. The Starkey Hearing Technologies' family of companies includes Audibel, Micro-Tech, NuEar, and Starkey.Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Vet/Disabled. EEO is the law, EEO is the Law Supplement, Pay Transparency
Benefits of employment
We offer full time employees (30+ hours) attractive and meaningful Total Rewards which includes flexible options for medical insurance (High-Deductible Health Plan or PPO), Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), a 401(k) plan with company match, company sponsored Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, as well as a generous Paid Time Off policy along with Paid Holidays. We are committed to developing our employees to meet their full potential through on-the-job training.