The Downtown Vacaville Business Improvement District is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide general office support to Downtown Vacaville’s Executive Director, enhance BID member relations, further local Economic Development efforts and manage a special events program. The Executive Assistant will play a key role in engaging the community through marketing and promoting Downtown Vacaville as an exciting, unique and vibrant place to live, work, shop and visit.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
BID MEMBER-BUSINESS SUPPORT:
- Answer phones, provide admin assistance as needed (mailings, records, filing, office upkeep, etc.)
- Coordinate Downtown Vacaville BID membership meetings, topic/theme development, agendas, venue and sponsor coordination, correspondence with speakers, decoration, etc.
- Accompany ED on Business Retention Walks, BID Member-Business Interface
- Provide administrative and Meeting Support for the Board of Directors and Committees
- Update and Maintain directories: BID Membership, Web Directory, Sponsors, Available Properties
- Maintain online member toolkit
SPECIAL EVENTS SUPPORT:
- Manage successful events from earliest stages through implementation
- Prepare event timeline, site plan, obtain required permits from City, County, State.
- Schedule vendors, equipment and resources (Stages, Bands, Crafts, Food, Security, Merch, etc.)
- Develop promotional assets (Press releases, graphics, posters, print/radio ads, social media posts, videos, direct mail, cross-promotions, websites), develop on-site materials (signage, maps, etc.).
- Track ticket sales, guest lists, document event attendance.
- Maintain current budget reports and ensure budget conformance.
- Maintain contact directories: Volunteers, Craft Vendors, Entertainers, Sponsors.
- Nurture corporate sponsors, committee members and volunteers.
- Seek underwriting, media sponsorships, in-kind donations, and auction items.
- Staff committee meetings as needed, (preparing agendas, scheduling, taking notes and managing committee correspondence).
- Event set-up, on-site supervision of volunteers, vendors, sales & deposits, event break-down.
- Prepare post-event summaries for sponsors and Downtown Vacaville Board of Directors.
Other job duties as occasionally assigned by the Executive Director
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field or 3+ years of professional experience in event planning.
- Experience recruiting, training, delegating volunteers.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects/events at one time
- Team player with a passion for events, community-building, promotions and out-of-the box thinking
- Strong G-Suite and spreadsheet skills, Wordpress, Graphic Design, Database, social media savvy.
- Able to flex hours to work night & weekend meetings/events.
- Retail/Sales/Marketing/Small Business experience a plus.
SALARY RANGE: $36,000 - $39,000 DOE plus health benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, overtime, sick leave and dedicated parking spot. Send one-page letter of interest and resume to Downtown Vacaville BID, 313 Parker Street, Vacaville, CA 95688
START DATE: Immediately
THE MISSION OF THE DOWNTOWN VACAVILLE BID is to foster an economically-vibrant Downtown Vacaville.Formed in 1992, the organization has earned much of its notoriety by producing some of Vacaville’s most celebrated special events. The Saturday Farmers’ Market, annual Wine Stroll, Oktoberfest celebration and Halloween Stroll bring thousands of locals and visitors into the district every year to shop, dine and play. The DVBID currently represents 550 active member-businessesacross many industries. BID leaders work in close collaboration with city and community stakeholders to advance common goals and concerns like parking allocation, cleanliness, security, streetscape design and economic/retail development.
ANNUAL SIGNATURE DOWNTOWN VACAVILLE EVENTS:
- FARMERS’ MARKET. Andrews Park. Sats. May - October
- TOWN SQUARE CONCERT SERIES. Town Square - Fridays: May /June
- THIRD THURSDAY NIGHT MARKET. Andrews Park. May - September
- CREEKWALK CONCERT SERIES. Andrews Park - Fridays: June / July / August
- VALENTINES LOVE STROLL, February
- ST. PATTY’S LUCKY LADIES STROLL. March
- SPRING WINE STROLL. April
- HOLLY DAYS CRAFT & GIFT FAIR. Merchant St btwn Mason & Main. - November
- SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY. Town Sq. - November
- SALSA, RIB ‘N CHILI COOK OFF, Town Square & Main Street - August
- VACA WINE AND BREW FESTIVAL, Town Square & Main Street - September
- OKTOBERFEST, Town Square - September
- HALLOWEEN STROLL. Merchant / Main / Parker Streets, Town Square -October
- DOWNTOWN CLEAN UP DAY. April and September
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $39,000.00 /year
- administrative assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Special Events: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedules