Senior Product Developer – Food Research & Development
Now Brewing – Senior Product Developer – Food Research & Development
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As a senior product developer on the Product & Innovation Bakery & Prepared team, you will work closely with our experienced team of chefs and developers in the Starbucks R&D Kitchen. With a passion for creating distinct and memorable food experiences for our customers you will develop new and/or renovate existing products to deliver premium quality products. This role is key to the Starbucks innovation process.
Key to this role:
Experience in leading all stages of consumer centric product development from concept creation to prototyping to full scale manufacturing; ability to identify and define internal constraints and vendor capabilities. Work closely with cross functional team to develop new products and being accountable for elevating product quality. This role is also responsible for establishing specifications that consistently deliver quality products.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to:
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Be responsible for leading strategic and consumer driven projects in support of the Business Initiatives.
- Design and execute all stages of consumer centric product development- benchtop prototypes, customer testing, conducting pilot plant trials and formula commissioning at full-scale manufacturing
- Analyze existing company and competitor products, ingredients and processes and where necessary, revise to ensure superiority of existing company products.
- Design & conduct experiments to capitalize on novel ingredients for cost savings and improved performance, troubleshoot existing formulas to optimize production performance
- Create, review and document raw ingredients specification and final product specifications to consistently deliver quality products.
- The role works closely with vendors, brand managers, quality and supply chain partners to identify opportunities and bring product concepts to life. The ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to problem solve effectively will be an essential skill.
- The individual will need to be self-motivated, team oriented, enjoy a fast-paced environment and capable of bringing creative approaches to the resolution of varied challenges
- Should have a passion for food and insight into global industry and food trends to deliver customer driven market leading innovation.
- Attend relevant trade shows to remain current on latest trends and technologies.
Post-secondary education in Food Sciences or related field
Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in food product development – front end innovation integrated with go to market commercialization experience
A passion for great food, an excellent palette and a creative edge
Experience working in a food production plant environment
Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects and tasks to meet timelines
Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills and relationship management
Proactive, self-driven, results oriented, demonstrating passion and strong teamwork spirit
Demonstrated research skills, curiosity and creative / innovative approaches to assess problems and solutions and collaborative thinking.
Willingness to travel (average 25%+)
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com