Delivery Driver Team Lead < 26000 lbs-Vidor, TX (full-time)-1800000139
CSC Team Lead
General Work Schedule:
Who we are
With annual revenues of nearly $600 million, Batesville is the clear leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems, and leading-edge technology designed to help funeral directors succeed. The company’s relentless pursuit of quality, customer service and innovation has propelled Batesville to the forefront of the death care industry.
While products and services have changed over time, Batesville’s mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love ®has remained the same for more than 100 years.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
Our Supply Chain team consists of manufacturing, logistics, engineering and operations. We have five manufacturing facilities, five regional distribution centers and 80 customer support centers across North America. With one of the largest private fleets in the United States, we drive over 3.5 million miles per year to meet the needs of our customers.
The CSC Team Lead is responsible for the day-to-day operations and continual improvement of a local customer service center (CSC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following.
- Lead and direct CSC associates
- Assist with the recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training of new associates
- Responsible for the completion of pre-hire and post-hire paperwork for new associates
- Responsible for local operational performance in the following areas: cost, delivery, health and safety, property management, cost of quality, work standards, procedures and policies, and customer satisfaction
- Assist in the achievement and reduction of cost per delivered unit and hours per unit measures
- Protection of company assets such as inventory, purchase and fuel cards, petty cash, etc.
- Support high standards of customer service in the areas of order taking and customer problem solving
- Implementation of local market strategies
- Implementation of the "profitable customer and product" philosophy at the local level
- Assist in policy deployment, root cause, and countermeasure analysis
- Implement strategies to improve operations and inventory efficiencies at the CSC level (i.e. fill rates)
- Adherence to governmental regulations (DOT, OSHA)
- Assist in training of health and safety, phone skills, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Execution of product recalls and field quality repairs
- Provide input regarding the development of annual budgets for the local service center
- Interaction and coordination with associates, sales, customers, RDC Managers, District CSC Managers and home office
- Ensure that Batesville maintains and projects an image to the industry consistent with our expectations of professionalism and truck and driver appearance
- Participate in cross-functional projects to improve company performance
- Work with Sales Managers to control the costs of special deliveries
- Provide input regarding market needs as they relate to distribution and service
- Provide insight regarding competition in the market
- Work with Sales Managers and Sales Reps to establish mix of caskets to be inventoried
- Other duties may be assigned
Lead employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance to the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Associates degree preferred.
- Clean MVR and ability to operate a straight truck or tractor trailer (if applicable) safely
- Ability to work any shifts and days, including weekends to ensure CSC and Customer demand is met
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to define problems, problem solve, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively use computers and associated applications (experience in JD Edwards)
- Must have formal forklift training (either walk behind or riding forklift)
- Experience with Lean Systems Management, Six Sigma, or ISO 9000 is preferred
- Greater than 5 years experience in a Logistics Supervisorial Position preferred.
- Class B CDL preferred (Class A mandatory for those locations utilizing tractor trailers)
Travel for this position should be minimal but may average 2-3 weeks a year for alternant CSC vacation coverage or project work.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, which includes MD Live, RX help center, Medical Advocate Program, short term disability, among others.
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 4% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
- Competitive pay
- Vacation, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Bonus eligibility
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veteran
Job : Logistics
Schedule : Full-time
Primary Location : USA-Texas-Vidor
Organization : Logistics