Senior Web Application Developer at Belvedere Trading
The Senior Web Application Developer will work in a team environment to help us build applications for our traders and tech department users. Belvedere Trading is looking for a self-starter with a track record of success and a drive to learn. As a member of our team, successful candidates will direct their own learning, grow their expertise, and pass that knowledge on to other team members. At Belvedere, you work with the best, learn with the best, and create the best software we can imagine.
What you'll do
- Work closely with end users to ensure a positive and engaging user experience
- Design and code web applications including user interface design, and back-end integration
- Apply industry knowledge and technical skills in new and innovative ways
- Create new features and help improve existing experiences
- Share ideas, experience, and knowledge with other members of the team
- Help to continuously improve team productivity, code quality, tool and technology adoption
- Help create and maintain design standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Coordinate with project managers and team leadership to plan work
What you'll need
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Experience with or interest in ReactJs, Redux, and TypeScript.
- Experience integrating backend services using REST or WebSocket interfaces.
- Business application development experience
- Experience writing clean, readable, and well-organized code
- Understanding of when to use the right tool for the job
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Regular on-site attendance is an essential function of this position
- Experience with web testing tools such as Selenium, WebDriver.IO, Mocha, and Enzyme.
- Experience with web automation and build tools such as Gulp, Webpack, and Babel
- Experience with other programming languages, particularly Python, C#, or C++.
- Experience with Relational Database Design
- Careful attention to detail, and the vision and skill to push beyond expectations
- Demonstrated experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Great written and verbal communication skills
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team)
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it)
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse)
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
What we offer
Belvedere Trading offers great benefits, semi-annual performance bonuses, a casual environment, and the satisfaction of seeing your work make a difference. At Belvedere Trading, we encourage all employees to play an integral part in our growth and the creative process. Our employees' health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position