JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:
JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Business & Document Services (GBDS) is the corporation's primary print production and distribution unit for JPMorgan Chase client collateral including account statements, advices, payroll checks and tax forms among others. GBDS consists of two departments: Global Business Services and Global Document Services.
Global Business Services (GBS) manages day to day support services such as transportation, mail, copy centers, overnight courier and SmartPrint, which are vital to the internal operations of JPMorgan Chase.
Global Document Services (GDS) prints, inserts and mails over 1.1 billion mailpieces annually. GDS supports internal lines of business such as Retail, Credit Card Services, Retirement Plan Services, Private Bank and Treasury Services.
The Equipment Operator prints, collates and binds pitchbooks, information memorandums, Public Information Books (PIBs) and other documents, and produces additional types of media including CDs and document scans. Prepare completed jobs for shipment or delivery. The role is expected to complete all requests accurately and efficiently, in accordance with Job Ticket instructions, deadlines, estimates, and departmental guidelines. They must manage their own work with full accountability for ensuring quality, timeliness and client satisfaction associated with it. They must communicate effectively, proactively and professionally with Production staff, management and internal clients As part of the larger Production team, the Equipment Operator is expected to support and leverage on others as needed, sharing accountability for the team results. They must perform duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
This job description outlines the key goals of this role. In an ever-changing commercial environment, this role and its responsibilities will evolve in line with the needs and demands of the business.
- Read and understand work order
- Print, collate and bind pitchbooks, information memorandums, PIBs and other documents as well as produce additional types of media including CDs and scanning documents to PDF format, following work order instructions.
- Print out and quality-check first copy (1st out proof) of job for color accuracy, appropriate and consistent formatting, proper pagination and completeness to ensure that the document accurately reflects work order instructions. Make necessary corrections prior to providing CSR completed paperwork and 1st out proof.
- Monitor request status and escalate as necessary to effectively address issues and ensure completion by request deadline
- Complete all requests accurately and efficiently, in accordance with specified deadlines, estimates, instructions and departmental standards/guidelines
- Ensure that documents accurately reflect client specifications by checking completed work against work order instructions and sample for accuracy, completeness and consistency
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of departmental templates, standards and best practices
- Manage own work with full accountability for ensuring quality, timeliness and client satisfaction associated with it
- Communicate effectively, proactively and professionally with Production staff, management and internal clients
- Consult CSR or colleagues to clarify document-specific questions and, if necessary, contact clients for clarification to ensure that clients receive what they requested (Should operator be contacting clients.
- Communicate and escalate request-specific issues to the CSR and/or Supervisor or Client Service Manage notifying immediately if estimate and/or deadline will not be met and must be renegotiated
- Troubleshoot challenges by providing effective solutions to complete task
- Operate as part of larger Production team, supporting and leveraging off others as needed, sharing accountability for the team results, including completed requests
- Check colleagues’ work to ensure that it meets requested specifications
- Collaborate with colleagues to process work more efficiently (e.g., when appropriate, split large or time-sensitive jobs to ensure that deadlines are met)
- Prepare completed jobs for shipment or delivery (out take)
- When sharing work with another operator, communicate and coordinate to ensure overall consistency and quality of completed request
- Assist in filing electronic files according to departmental procedures (proper file management and naming convention)
- Maintain clean, safe work environment and report Safety and equipment (issues) problems in timely manner
- Communicate/escalate issues and opportunities for improvement Challenge process
- Perform duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Utilize departmental workflow, document management, scheduling and timekeeping systems as required by role
- Report to work as scheduled, unless directed otherwise by manager
- Adhere to JPMC Code of Conduct standards regarding professional and personal conduct
- Complete all mandatory on line JPMC training: IB Compliance and Safety Compliance
Knowledge and Skills
In-depth knowledge of and proficiency in all production equipment and processes
o Copying/printing equipment (Xerox 800 Color Press, DocuColor 560, DocuTech 6180, Xerox 4127, Freeflow/Digipaths, Xerox Makeready application, etc.)
o Binding equipment (Wire-o, GBC, Velobind, Tapebind, 3-hole Driller, Cutting Machine, Creaser, Saddle Stitcher, etc.)
Ability to work effectively in departmental business applications (Workflow Exchange, Dealworks, shared drive) as well as in Adobe Acrobat, MS Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), and MS Outlook
Ability to work effectively and proactively, both independently and as part of a team
Consistently strong time management skills including punctuality, an appropriate sense of urgency and the ability to accurately and efficiently review and prioritize high volume of work under intense deadline pressure
Attentiveness to detail and commitment to continuously improving the quality and timeliness of his/her own work and that of the department
Strong client focus and commitment to delivering consistently excellent customer service
Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively and efficiently with colleagues, management and internal clients
1 – 3 years reproduction operator experience
Minimum of 1 year experience in investment banking or other corporate environment Reports to Operations Manager or Supervisor