Facility: El Centro Service Processing Center
Pay: $32.70 hr.
Bonus (if applicable):
H&W: $4.41 hr. This position is eligible to receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Shift: Various Available
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
This is a correctional food service position assigned to maintain custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees assigned to Food Service activities. Oversees and monitors activities of inmates or detainees while enforcing and adhering to the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises detainees specifically assigned to Food Services by monitoring and directing them in food preparation, cleanup and sanitation.
- Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts counts, and provides emergency responses as needed.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on detainees/inmates.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates/detainees in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Promotes facility safety and cleanliness and reports need for maintenance or repairs.
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required.
- Completes training courses as required by facility training standards
- Performs other marginal duties as assigned by management.