Deschutes County is accepting applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant for the Community Development Department. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for independently carrying out a variety of administrative, technical, secretarial, and clerical work activities, often of a confidential or sensitive nature. Duties include coordinating and preparing packets for various meetings; taking, recording, transcribing, and disseminating meeting minutes; compiling, organizing, tracking, processing, and retaining various case files including case file set up and close out; coordinating mail and uploading to the mail service database; reviewing and proofing various documents; scanning and archiving documents; processing A/P vouchers and reviewing payroll; maintaining personnel and confidential files and coordinating department evaluations; serving as the CDD safety coordinator; and designing and coordinating the Annual Report and Work Plan.
*This posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but rather constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function.
Notification to all applicants will be sent via email only
. Please check your email for recruitment information, and your governmentjobs.com account for application status.
Additional information regarding the position may be found online by clicking on the Job Description link at www.deschutes.org/jobs under the Job and Volunteer Center.
This classification is under review. Changes to job duties and requirements may occur.
$3,909.47 to $5,239.07 per month for a 172.67 hour work month. Salary normally starts at the first step. Excellent County benefit package when eligible. This position is available immediately.
High school diploma or equivalent, plus one year of secretarial/business school education and four years of progressively responsible secretarial or administrative experience. Additional experience may be substituted for higher education.
Must have knowledge and skill in the following:
Must have the ability to:
- General office management principles, practices, and methods.
- Taking, recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Proficiency in utilizing modern office software, such as Microsoft Office programs, Excel and Word.
- English grammar and composition, business and/or legal formats, spelling, arithmetic, filing and record-keeping.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Initiate and coordinate the administrative aspects of projects.
- Develop correspondence and documents in standardized formats using Microsoft Office.
- Maintain office information systems.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and employ specific lines of inquiry.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others at all times and maintain harmony in a work setting.
- Prioritize, organize and carry out assignments and special projects in a timely and professional fashion with minimal supervision.
Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver's license within 30 days of hire date. The employment offer will be contingent upon presentation of an acceptable and verifiable driver's license, pre-employment screening for criminal history, driving history, and controlled substances (NOTE: Positive test results for marijuana use may result in rescission of a contingent offer of employment). This screening must be completed with satisfactory findings in order for a formal offer of employment to be extended.
Must have the ability to work in an office that is environmentally controlled; possess sufficient hand coordination to perform keyboarding and data entry at an advanced level; arm/hand movements to retrieve work materials and operate a variety of general office equipment; visual acuity to read small type; and the ambulatory ability to attend meetings in other offices or conference rooms. The position is frequently required to sit, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, reach, stand, grasp, talk, hear, see, and lift up to 10 pounds.