Varen Technologies is an innovative consulting partner that is trusted by its clients and employees to deliver intelligent insights, quickly, in an ever-evolving environment with highly respected cyber security, analytics, Agile Software Development and IT professionals.
At Varen, our performance is measured by the success of our clients, and our reputation for service, superior quality, objectivity, integrity and results. Our reputation is everything to us as we are committed to being a trusted advisor to our nation's decision makers in a day in age that demands acute attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Varen is seeking to add the sharpest technical professionals who share our passion for ensuring the mission success of our customers at all times.
Varen Technologies is seeking an energetic and ambitious individual with a go-getter attitude, who likes working in a fast-paced and always evolving environment.
In this Software Quality Assurance Specialist/Applications Tester position you will be responsible for providing testing support, developing and successfully execute detailed test plans, procedures and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing. This position involves experience consulting with development and/or requirements teams coordinating and testing applications. The candidate should be current on testing tools, methodologies, technologies, especially automated testing tools.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing schedules, creating manual and automated test scripts
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing, testing, and documenting scripts so that they can be used to regression test the application(s).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience building test environments including configuring and installing appropriate software, as needed.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience testing applications for compliance with upgrades.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience ensuring new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience documenting the successes and failures of all executed test procedures.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience ability to write clear, concise and effective correspondence, test plans, procedures and scenarios in accordance with customer policies.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience converting manually intensive user interface testing scripts into automated tests using an automated testing tool, such as Selenium.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with development project teams to assess their manual testing scenarios and scripts, and identifying those that are suitable candidates for automation.