· Analyze the utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve the efficiency of operations.
· Assess the value of existing processes and workflows as a whole and propose streamlining recommendations or alternatives.
· Develop designs and generate cost estimates and cost comparisons for proposed changes, including any corporate-mandated changes such as customer-specific requirements.
· Manage warehouse upgrade projects, including overseeing contractors/installation work.
· Coordinate with the Operations team to implement changes.
· Use/adapt analytical methods such as Lean & Six Sigma to understand, predict and/or improve logistics operations and processes. Assist in the development of training and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
· Use knowledge of Industrial Engineering techniques (time & motion studies, space planning, ergonomics, etc.) to analyze warehouse processes and identify improvements to optimize labor, space, accuracy and safety throughout the process.
· Monitor Distribution Center inventory and analyze requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times and fill rates. Work with the Transportation team to determine logistics and timing of shipments for efficiency improvements.
· Location management--using concepts associated with product slotting, develop and implement warehouse layout and logistics plans, including grouping products and product families to optimize pick productivity and minimize travel time, determining optimum sizing of pick face locations, work balancing to improve material flow and reduce congestion, load building to ensure placement of product that minimizes product damage during packing and good ergonomics to reduce risk of injury. Over time, monitor changes in customer demand and product offerings and modify slotting to ensure continued efficiency of warehouse layout.
· Assume a leadership role in maximizing the use of appropriate features and configurations of the Manhattan AS400 Warehouse Management System. Author requirements and specifications to modify/enhance the system to support productivity, cost, quality and service objectives.
· Manage projects within the warehouse including specifying equipment, updating processes, monitoring installation and training associates to ensure changes are seamless to our customers and achieve desired outcomes.
· Generate drawings, details and models using AutoCAD.
· Provide design layout and proposal drawings and models.
· Review RPF’s and RFQ’s and develop preliminary design concepts.
· Complete documents for procurement.All other duties as required or requested
· All other duties as required or requested.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- relevant experience; Distribution Center experience preferre: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Night shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible