Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we've launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
We're looking for experienced product managers to join us. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You'll Be Doing
As the Senior Product Manager for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and App Store Optimization (ASO) you will lead a cross-functional team to make sure that Instacart content and apps rank as high as they can for important search engine & app store searches and that such channels contribute strongly to Instacart's overall growth.
You will do so by working with our Design, Engineering, Data Science, and Data Analyst teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps, strategic plans, and individual projects/features for achieving our SEO and ASO goals.
What You Should Already Have
- A minimum of 4+ years experience running SEO, ASO, or similar areas for a technology company
- Strong domain knowledge in optimizing overall content, page layout, and navigational structure for search engine consumption
- Plan, implement, analyze and improve all SEO activities. Define, monitor, and analyze all available search KPI's to measure success and report on results.
- Actively manage all on-page SEO, including taxonomy, naming standards, site architecture, canonicalization, link-building, schema and meta tags.
- Consistently track and assess competitors and identify competitive opportunities. Analyze opportunities to increase rank for underperforming competitive pages and provide specific and actionable recommendations.
- Strong experience in key landing page optimization tactics such as Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) and large-scale A/B testing
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Appreciation and understanding of consumer psychology and its impact on new product adoption
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee