Cloud Transformation Network Architect; Managing Consultant/Senior Solution Architect
Cloud Infrastructure Services
Who we are?
With more than 220,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Within Capgemini, the Cloud Infrastructure Services business provides leading solutions to large global customers through an integrated global sales and delivery model. We are a global team of committed professionals who advise, transform and run client IT services. We help organizations meet their business goals by transforming and managing their IT infrastructure landscape – leveraging innovations notably in automation and the cloud.
Capgemini is looking for a Senior Architect within Data Center Transformation to lead change engagements within client’s IT infrastructure landscape as a Network Solution Architect.
As a Senior Architect within Cloud and Data Center Transformation at Capgemini you are responsible for leading the network technical streams in data center transformation, consolidation, relocation, transition, and optimization projects. Dynamic and varying projects with labor budgets ranging from 100k to 6M.
You will be part of a growing international business domain within Capgemini that acts on the global market, and work with clients with a global reach and agenda.
- Provide solution and service engineering activities, i.e. proof-of concepts, pilots, use case development, solution validation, workshops, and enablement.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of different Network and Cloud technologies and supporting solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities.
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve virtualization, software defined networking, cloud infrastructure, management and security, including integration with certain select 3rd party products.
- Maintain technical credibility within the industry and your field of expertise through demonstration of thought leadership. This includes participating in delivering technical enablement web conferences and training sessions and enabling technologies and company’s industry conferences and events.
- Develop and release of sales, technical, and service delivery collaterals including sales bid support, deployment guides, best practices, sizing whitepapers and solution reference architectures.
- Close collaboration with geo-dispersed global business units, engineering, marketing, professional services, sales, alliances, and partner engineering organizations to design, develop, validate, and release sales, technical, and service delivery collateral.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience managing/architecting Network technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco and Juniper technologies, including Routing/Switching, Firewalls and Load Balancing solutions.
- Strong knowledge of F5 BIG-IP Load Balancing solutions including LTM, GTM, and ASM solutions
- Strong knowledge of Software Defined Network (SDN) technologies from Cisco and VMWare
- Strong experience with VPN solutions including different types of IPSec endpoints including Cisco Firewalls, Cisco VPN Concentrators, Cisco Routers.
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco’s Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) protocol
- Expert level knowledge of Layer 2 technologies, including Spanning-Tree, VLANs, VTP, UDLD, VDC, and CDP
- Expert knowledge of Layer 3 technologies, including IPv4, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IPv6, HSRP, and VRRP
- Balanced and pragmatic contributory approach to long-term vision, and incrementally phased way-ahead.
- Experience with medium to complex costing and proposal response.
- Experience with collateral authoring.
- Experience with internal and external documentation written to varying levels of business and technical oriented audiences.
- Affinity for broad-spectrum, iterative, continuous improvement to affect capability maturity growth.
- Ability to reconcile their position and expert depth of knowledge with the business need for inter and intra-org synergy.
- Passion for learning, teamwork, and helping others.
- Solid practical understanding of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN), and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated. Individual must be able to prioritize responsibilities and work under tight deadlines.
- Network Architecture Experience with Public Cloud deployments (Azure, AWS)
- Certification of CCIE or CCDE. Written required, Lab preferred.
- Solid practical understanding of virtualization and cloud solutions and services powered by VMware.
- Prior experience in programming and scripting languages is desirable.
- Good understanding of service providers is desirable.
Qualified candidates may email resumes to:
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar, or 12+ years experience in related discipline.
Technical knowledge and skills in the infrastructure domain, such as:
Key skills/experience required for the role:
- Understanding of the different architectural layers (e.g. Network, Storage, Databases, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, Containers, LPAR, etc.)
- Experience/Exposure to Cloud migrations (i.e. Public, Hybrid, or Private cloud)
- Ability to assess the logical setup of AS-IS environment and create a transformation roadmap
- Identify and map interdependencies from an application and infrastructure layer
- Experience of greenfield data center build projects and well versed with Uptime Institute’s Tier concept and PUE values
- Management knowledge and skills, such as:
- Staffing and management of a team of project resources composed of both internal and external personnel
- Maintain strong focus on customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional project performance and predictable, repeatable project results
- Responsible for developing the transformation strategy
- Responsible for designing the target architecture and experience in writing detailed design documentation
- Responsible for Data Center Transformation project preparation and execution of the transformation strategy
- Monitor and control project progress, ensuring optimal utilization of project resources
- Ensure compliance towards established governance structure; owning sponsor status reports, minutes, and coordinate status reports and approvals on deliverables both for Capgemini and the client
- Maintain open communication amongst stakeholders
- Exposure to the full procurement life cycle (e.g. working with third parties to receive quotations, assisting in the commercial aspects of procuring data center related hardware and/or licensing, etc.)
- Manage standards, procedures, and practices for record keeping of contractual agreements
- Identify potential project risks and incorporate risk mitigation strategy and contingency plan
- Familiar with ITIL processes
- Ensure clients and third parties deliver on their obligations where required
- 10+ years of infrastructure architect experience (required)
- 10+ years of technical project manager experience (preferred)
- Infrastructure Transition and/or Data Center Migration project experience is a must
- Proven track record of successful project delivery results
- Ability to work independently and repeatedly accomplish all work within Project plan
- Commercially astute with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Sales orientated with the ability to identify, pursue and assist in closing potential sales opportunities
- Experience working within both project-centric and project matrix resourcing models
- Monitor schedule deviations and assist in the development of alternative methods for corrective action at project level
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methods, tools, and techniques
- Ability to travel in accordance with requirements of assignment/client
- Certification strongly preferred (ITIL Foundation V3, IPMA, PRINCE II, as well as relevant technical certifications)