• Perform varied clerical and administrative tasks in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and guidelines in partnership with hiring managers and Human Resources Generalist team members.
• Compose and distribute routine correspondence to job applicants informing them of their status in the selection process, memos, reports, schedules, agendas, etc.
• Schedule and set up meetings, training sessions, and oral and written exams.
• Respond to customers and job applicants (in person, by phone or email) by researching and providing information on hiring policies and procedures, selection process status, and employment status.
• Provide assistance to internal and external users of the City's applicant tracking system by providing information on the proper procedures and systems capabilities.
• Develop and maintain electronic and hard copy records and files.
• Process applicant or employee data into a computer database.
• Enter test result information and other selection criteria information into computer databases.
• Prepare open and promotional job announcement materials and lists for posting.
• Assist in administering examinations by monitoring, scoring and documenting results of examinations.
• Research, collect and compile data as requested to assist in the preparation of a variety of reports.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office setting
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. Two years post-secondary education is desirable.
Two years of senior level clerical experience. Previous work experience in recruiting and hiring is highly desirable.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
A rating of training and experience based on contents of submitted application materials (100%).
The City has determined that a criminal background check and/or qualifications check may be necessary for certain positions within this job title. Applicants may be required to sign an informed consent form allowing the City to obtain their criminal history and/or verify their qualifications in connection with the position sought. Applicants who do not sign the informed consent form will not be further considered for the position.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement between the City of Minneapolis and AFSCME Local 9.
The names of applicants who meet minimum qualification and who pass the screening process shall be placed on the eligible list for employment consideration. This list will be certified to the hiring manager who may use the list to fill a vacancy of the same job title. This eligible list will expire 6 months after it has been established.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Human Resources work experience in a public sector and/or union environment is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of personnel and human resources laws, regulations and policies related to recruiting, hiring and employment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
• Excellent customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to work with individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to work independently without close supervision in a fast-paced team environment.
• Proven experience working with people from various cultures and diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to exercise independent initiative and judgment.
• Ability to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good math, spelling, grammar and English skills.