SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Recruiting Coordinator - Temporary Position
As a Recruiting Coordinator at SpaceX, your primary responsibility is to schedule all candidate phone and onsite interviews, as well as, make sure that candidates have a great experience and successful interview day. You will also provide support to your recruiting team, which may include but is not limited to, greeting and touring candidates, assisting with administrative tasks throughout the hiring process, and helping recruiters identify top talent by participating in recruiting events or sourcing.
- Supporting recruiting functions.
- Managing onsite interview logistics.
- Scheduling phone and in person interviews.
- Ensuring that all candidates have a positive experience while interviewing with SpaceX.
- Assisting the recruiting team with special projects as needed.
- Learning about our business to an extent that enables you to speak intelligently about our rockets and spacecraft with candidates and client groups.
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months with chance of conversion based on performance and business need
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four year university.
- Previous experience in a professional setting involving recruiting, human resources, marketing, sales, or customer service.
- Prefer minimum of 3.2 GPA or greater.
- Team player with a high sense of urgency.
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Microsoft Office tools.
- Able to manage multiple on-going projects, be flexible to change, and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a strong passion to contribute to the team's success.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including senior management, on one-to-one basis and in groups.
- Capacity to learn and speak intelligently about our business and the space industry as you interact with external and internal clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of personnel policy and procedure in accordance to federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here ( http://pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html ).
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.