Open Faculty Position in the Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Las Cruces, NM
Currently looking for an experienced Physician to fill an open faculty position in the Department of
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine located in Las Cruces, NM. Interested candidates should be board certified by the appropriate AOA or ACGME specialty board and be licensed in New Mexico.
Responsibilities of the Open Faculty Position in the Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Assist with the development and presentation of OMM curriculum for years 1-4.
- Advise and mentor students in academics and career development.
- Research and scholarly activity which includes participation in faculty development and meetings, maintaining professional literacy in academic field, working to create and add knowledge to specialty field, and supervision and mentorship of student research projects.
- Opportunity to work in the outpatient OMM clinic on the BCOM campus and possible inpatient opportunities at Mountain View Medical Center.
Requirements of the Open Faculty Position in the Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- DO degree
- Board certification by the appropriate AOA or ACGME specialty board, as required.
- Ability to be fully licensed in New Mexico
- NMM/OMM or FP/OMT Board Certification preferred
- COM or GME teaching experience
- Experience using innovative teaching methods which might include team-based learning, ‘flipped classroom’, problem-based learning, distance learning, interactive large group presentation, audience response systems, curriculum delivery systems (e.g. Blackboard), and proficiency in exam item writing (USMLE / COMLEX format).
- Experience with curricular and instructional design.
Job Type: Full-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)